➵ᴛᴡᴏ

Silky bedsheets covered the Hufflepuff's half-naked body, for a shy boy, most would assume he would sleep fully clothed, but it was too hot in the dormitories. A half-opened eye was met with the body of North, luckily toads weren't frogs, and were dry to the touch, David gently stroked his pet's back with his right index finger. The wooden bannisters supported the lustrous curtains like ballet dancers in an artistic reenactment of Swan Lake. The relaxed yellow and black duvet was disturbed as the fifth year moved into an upright position, rolling his head around his neck, and stretching out his arms and legs.

Placing the toad onto to a pillow, he moved the cushion with the creature on top to the bedside cabinet. He forced his body out of the bed and began to make up the sheets, it was then that he took a chance to look about the room. For the most part, it was empty and silent, the only disruption in the stillness was Finch-Fletchley's soft snores. There was another boy in a deep slumber, though the teenager couldn't recite his name off the top of his head. Since the other two in the room were asleep, David grabbed his clothes for the day and headed into the bathroom; no one could stop him from taking as much time as he wanted.

The first order of business was a shower, it was brisk, and didn't require much effort, his hair was not a faff either, as it was short and easier to manage and maintain compared to his housemates. It was his facial routine that made his dormmates sick to death of him, David had his own shelf in the communal bathroom just for his face products. Despite having near perfect skin, he was serious about his appearance.

Recently he'd read about using honey and cinnamon as a facial treatment, so he started the morning ritual. David owned two pestle and mortars, one for potions, and another for the biggest organ on his body. He'd applied the substance and had been waiting for it to set properly. Another five minutes or so and he would have been done, though the knocking at the door had alerted him and had washed it off early.

At the door was Ernie, he was known to be the fashionable one of the group, with baggy jeans easing onto his legs, an unbuttoned flannel shirt folded at the sleeves. David was only in a towel at the current moment in time. "Rockwood, we're meant to be at Hogsmeade in half an hour, unless you don't want anything to eat before Harry makes his big announcement." The statement was enough to send him flying back into the bathroom.

Soon he was fully dressed and eager to leave immediately, he had a striped yellow and blue shirt, with dark blue dungarees, and to Ernie's surprise, mismatched socks, commenting on how the toad-owner shouldn't steal his signature style, gesturing to his own mismatched socks. As they made their way back to the dormitories to wake up the remaining member of the party of friends.

Raising Justin's covers and flinging them off the bed, in the process scaring off his own cat in the process, Ernest roared, "Rise and shine sleepy head!"

•••••

The wind was bitter and picking up, a sign of the approaching winter. Some of the Hufflepuffs were huddling together, sheltering one another from the ghastly gale. Hogsmeade was bustling with people, as usual, bags of shopping danced through the air and hats felt compelled to join in the merry jig. David Rockwood bound his scarf tightly around his neck, Ernest Macmillan was boasting of the hours he'd spent revising for his O.W.Ls, Hannah Abbott was just listening in on what Ernie was saying though it was obvious she was uncomfortable by how little she was studying in comparison, and Justin Finch-Fletchley seemed to be taking notice of the other people in the surrounding area.

Hannah and Ernest had headed off to Gladrags Wizardwear, Justin hated owls so he'd headed to the local post office to go deliver his letters, leaving David to spend his time in Honeydukes. With pockets filled to the brim with money, the adolescent headed inside to explore the wears. It was crowded, as expected, this was everyone's first week at Hogsmeade, and the individual could hardly stop his mouth from watering. It was only the repulsed faces of the Slytherins that stopped him, as he wiped his lips clean.