Unfashionably Late

First off: I am not a pro at writing but I always wanted to write a fanfiction so if this one works out go then I’ll write one about Loki! So (Only if it’s good) please enjoy! J

Chapter one: Unfashionably Late

Damn! Persephone thought as the orange sun disappeared under the horizon.  I’m going to be late!

She began to pace her train compartment, filled with luggage, books, and her most favorite (and only) old pet cat: Athena. Her furry grey body rubbed against her worried owner’s exposed ankle.

How couldn’t she be worried, she was to be came a professor at Hogwarts, well at least… she was only to help a certain professor, who she didn’t know at the time. She hoped it would be Professor McGonagall. 

 Persephone hadn’t put her robes on yet instead she was wearing a strapless dark green dress, with her favorite black leather boots.

Everything was so peaceful considering she and Athena were the only passengers in the train.

Persephone half-smiled, she bent down to Athena, and placed her brown hand on her she purred.

“Soon Athena, soon we’ll be at Hogwarts again…where all our happiest memories are.”

Athena pounced one the opposite seat, to take a cat nap.

“You're right…let’s take a nice nap, before we get there.”

Persephone laid on the spare sit, covering up with a fur jacket. Surprisingly, even after all her mixed emotions, Persephone drifted to sleep.

She had a strange dream.

She was in a dressing room everything was so crystal clear like it was happening for real, her heart beating rapidity, she didn’t know why. Two very pale women, with snake-like eyes, wearing long-sleeved black dresses. One of them had glossy, brown hair and the other was hair was blond.

“Don't worry Persephone this is the happiest day of your life.” The dark-haired one said gleefully.

“Morgan’s right, Persephone, you shouldn’t worry.”

The women smiled.

“Oh Aya! Go get her dress please.” The one called Morgan asked.

Aya disappeared into a closest. Morgan began to brush Persephone’s black and purple hair.

“You’re going to look perfect.” Morgan whispered in her ear. This sent a cold wave up her spine.

Aya returned with a beautiful white dress.

Persephone’s stiffened.

It was her mother’s wedding dress. She hasn’t seen it not since….

“No!” Persephone screeched as she jumped out of her chair. The women looked confused.

“But Persephone you must marry him, you must become one of us!” Aya and Morgan said in unison.

They stepped closer, and rolled up their sleeves to reveal a tattoo of a snake running though a skull.

Persephone gasped, for she knew the symbol to well.

The women grabbed her.

“NO!”

Her eyes opened as she felt something warm touch her bare shoulder.

It was the conductor, he looked worried and puzzled.

“Are you alright Miss?”

Persephone sat up and rubbed her green eyes.

“Yes…just a silly dream” She lied, she trying to stop shaking, the man didn’t want to ask any more questions.

“Okay, well we’re at Hogwarts.”

“REALLY!?” She said in pure shock as she looked out the window the moon was out and full, dotted with lovely stars.

“Yeah Ma’am I’ll help you with luggage if you like.”

“Yes! I would like that very much!” She said as she swiftly grabbed Athena and her wand. The man grabbed the rest of her stuff and carried it the boat. An older man was sitting there in the boat looking at his watch, then looked at her as she put her cat in the boat.

“I take that your Persephone?” He smiled showing that he had no teeth.

“Yes sir.”

The conductor put the rest of Persephone’s things in the boat, Persephone reach in her purse and pulled out ten Knuts and three Sickles.

“No thank you Miss.” The conductor said sweetly.

As he walked away, she got in the boat. As the man rowed the boat Persephone tried to make conversation.

“So how long were you wanting for me?”

“About an hour and half.” He said gruffly.

“Well you can have these.” She held out the money. The man was quick to grab the money without saying “Thank you”.  That was the end of the conversation with the “Boat” man.

As the castle began to be visible, she realized she had not put on her robes!

Oh god! Oh god! What will they think of me? Probably that I have not respect for Hogwarts or I’m a whore.  She thought to herself.

But this was not her fault she had fallen asleep and nightmare had prevented her from remembering what to wear. She quickly grabbed her coat and put it on.

When the boat stopped Athena had jumped off the boat to the large double doors. Persephone slipped her wand in her left boot.

“Um…sir do you mind…?”

“Hmm maybe for let’s say five more Sickles.”

Persephone sighed and pulled out five Sickles, and handed the man the money.

The man carried all her stuff to the door.

“Thank you.” She mumbled.

The man disappeared.

She finally releases the word she wanted to say the entire whole boat ride.

“Asshole.” She whispered.

She was just about the knock on the door when it open by itself. A large man with a huge beard and dark eyes.