Chapter 43: Yui's Subconscious - Naraku's Trap of Light!

Start from the beginning

"I'd prefer it doesn't snow in the spring." The last girl says. The girls continue to laugh and talk after class is finished. Yui follows her friends towards their usual meeting area. She looks up at herself in the mirror and she looks down sadly. She felt as if something was missing in her life.

[Meanwhile – Normal POV]

Kagome ends up reopening the wound that Inuyasha gave her. Sesshomaru picks up Yui's scent. It was close. Naraku laughs as he shows his face to Sesshomaru.

"You smell her, don't you? She's here with me. I've gotten her in such a deep sleep that she won't be able to send her powers to you." Naraku says.

"I will find you, Naraku." Sesshomaru says and growls angrily. Inuyasha ends up snapping out of his trance and gets Tetsusaiga back after it'd gone flying. Inuyasha and Sesshomaru team up to drive Magatsuhi out of Inuyasha's body. Sesshomaru attacks Magatsuhi with Tenseiga and he destroys Magatsuhi.

'If Naraku wants to lead me into a trap then so be it. Yui, if your subconscious can hear me, know this... I WILL FIND YOU! I WILL SAVE YOU!' Sesshomaru's voice tells Yui. Sesshomaru sheathes Tenseiga as he looks around angrily. Sesshomaru and Inuyasha watch as Magatsuhi is destroyed.

"I can sense Yui." Kagome says.

"I can smell her too. You plan on going after her, aren't you?" Inuyasha asks. Sesshomaru doesn't reply. The area begins to shake and Sesshomaru looks towards the way he smells Yui's scent. He takes off after the scent.

Sesshomaru had caught a whiff of both Rin and Yui's scent. They were in the same area of Naraku's body. He fights back attacks from Naraku as he could tell Naraku was getting serious about fighting the group inside him. Sesshomaru glares as he wanted to unleash Bakusaiga and destroy Naraku slowly and painfully. He couldn't quite do that without Yui and Rin being by his side. If Naraku was right, that meant that Yui was unable to use her barrier at the moment which made Sesshomaru angry.

Inuyasha's scatter group all witness the light that was a glimmer of hope in the sacred jewel. They all head towards the light in hopes of finding Naraku, as some were unaware that it is a trap. Naraku separates Yui and Rin as he believed that with the young girl being so close that she might be able get through to Yui.

[Meanwhile]

Sesshomaru stops his flying. His eyes widen when he notices that Rin has moved. He growls angrily. He knew Yui could wait, but Rin couldn't. This was her last chance to live. Sesshomaru had to get to Rin before Naraku kills Rin.

'Yui, please, can you hear me? Even if you are under a spell you should be able to hear me! Yui, fight through it!' Sesshomaru's thoughts tell Yui. He continues to fly after Rin's scent.

[Yui's Subconscious]

Yui's eyes go into a daze as her friends try to get her attention. She was feeling the darkness of the dark sacred jewel. Yui changes before her very own eyes in the mirror and she stares at the dog demon form of herself.

'Who is this woman? Is she me? Why does she feel so... familiar.' Yui's thoughts say.

'Yui, fight through it!' A male voice calls to Yui and her eyes widen. She looks around as the voice echoes around her. Yui rushes away from her 'friends'.

'That voice, why does it sound so familiar? Why can it be?' Yui asks and she rushes out of the college. She stops as she looks up into the darkened sky to see a light filtering through the dark clouds as rain and lightning came down. Yui looks around to find a beautiful dog looking creature a little bigger than her but also smaller than she and Sesshomaru would be in their dog demon forms walk towards the light. Without thinking, Yui gives chase to the dog.