five

Mila was welcomed back to her dorm with a huge hug from Ashley who had stayed up late waiting on her. It was weird that as soon as Mila had gotten back on the campus, her previous spirits from Disney had been dropped and replaced with dread for the next week to come.

"I'll let you go to sleep, but tomorrow we're getting breakfast and you're gonna tell me all about Disney!"

She smiled at this. Where would she even start? Although she could trust Ashley with everything, a part of Mila didn't even want to tell her too much about meeting Chris Evans and hanging out because Mila still felt ridiculous.

"You know I will! Goodnight," Mila said as Ashley made her way to her room. She had no intentions of unpacking tonight. She just cuddled up in her bed, ready for sleep to consume her. Just as she began to drift off, her phone rang right in her ear.

From: Chris fucking Evans?? 2:23 AM Did you make it back safe ?!
To: Chris fucking Evans?? 2:25 AM Yes & I can barely see straight so I need to sleep ASAP !!
From: Chris fucking Evans?? 2:26 AM Fine fine but I fly back to LA tomorrow so you better keep me company on the plane ride
To: Chris fucking Evans?? 2:26 AM Deal, goodnight
From: Chris fucking Evans?? 2:30 AM Goodnight beautiful 😴

Despite her efforts to sleep in, Mila was woken up by Ashley who was already ready to grab breakfast. Mila was so tired that she didn't care if she walked out the dorm like this. In fact, she did and only fixed her hair.

"So, spill the beans!"

"Let's see. I met Chris Evans and managed to do everything on my itinerary, so I'm pretty content," Mila smiled.

"You what?!"

"I said I'm pretty content," Mila repeated, acting confused although she knew what Ashley was talking about.

"So freaking lucky! Did he sign anything for you?"

No, he only got me flowers and a teddybear, Mila wanted to say but refrained. Talking about it felt so weird. She said, "No, we took a picture, that was it." Ashley squealed at this and then began to bombard her with questions about all the rides and events from the parade to the light show.

Then it came down to business, as Mila expected.

The diner off campus that they were sat in suddenly very uncomfortable as the topic of Vincent came up. They were currently waiting on their food and it couldn't come fast enough.

"What are you going to do?"

"I already broke up with him. What else is there to do?" Mila asked. She truly did not know.

"Confront that asshole!" Ashley shouted, gaining a few looks from elderly couples that made up the other people in the diner.

Mila shook her head, "I don't have the energy for him. Besides, I really do feel fine. I'm ready to get this tournament over with and go back to work." Ashley sighed in defeat. She just hated that Vincent could do something so terrible to someone so undeserving, and be let off the hook without a slap on the hand... or a slap on the face.

After breakfast, the two returned to the dorm and Mila wanted to continue to sleep while Ashley wanted to knock out some homework. Her sleep didn't last long as a call from Shelby woke her up. "Hey, Mila, could I get another ride to practice today?"

Mila nearly jumped out of her skin as she had totally forgotten about practice today. After a brief silence, she laid back in bed and thought to herself... fuck it.

"Sorry, Shelby, I'm not feeling too good, so I won't be going to practice."

"Does this have to do with Vincent cheating on you? Girl, I'm so sorry," she sighed on the other end.