A taxi ride and a cigarette chapter 2

''Yalright?'' The taxi driver asked, his voice coming off as common.

''I suppose yalright means are you alright?'' I asked, my eyes staring out of the window, wondering where the hell I could go at this time of night.

''Yeah, your crying.'' He said. I raised my hand up to my face and wiped the falling tears, I didn't know I was still upset.

''Boys suck.'' I stated, I expected him to argue but I saw his head nod through the side mirror. I didn't see his face though, my head was so messed up with thoughts about Jordan being with someone else that I didn't really care if the guy sat next to me looked like Hitler.

Things went silent then, I expected him to just drive me to the nearest train station or bus stop.

''Where are you going then?'' He asked, I noticed that taxi driver's always start up conversation, as if it isn't weird enough that I pay for a ride from a stranger in a black car, I wouldn't mind if he didn't talk to me and just dropped me off anywhere. ''Im not sure.'' I said quietly.

''I'll drop you off at the subway then shall I?'' He asked me. I just nodded, I rested my head against the window, my eyes slowly shut.

................................................................................................................................................................

I felt warm when I woke up, I rolled over an inch and landed with a crash on something hard. I opened my eyes and noticed I was on the floor, my eyes trailed around the room, I was wrapped in a blanket, I fell from the bed. ''Morning sleepy head.'' A voice sang loudly. I turned my head and there was the taxi driver from last night, I got a proper look at his face this tie, he had curly brown hair, his green eyes stuck out more than anything and he had quite pale skin and he was wearing a polo shirt and some jeans.

''Where am I?'' I asked, wondering if he had kidnapped me.

''A hotel.'' He said, his lips turned into a smile then, he placed himself on the end of the bed and looked down at me.

I braced mysef then, my head ran with worry at the fact we may have had sex. ''Did we?'' I asked, knowing he'd understand what I meant.

He laughed ''Nah, you fell asleep in the car and it was way too cold outside, you would have probably been ill if I left you asleep in the car.'' He said.

I nodded, relieved that we didn't do anything. ''Here.'' He said, he held out a mug to me, I sighed and took the mug, taking a drink out of the cheap hotel coffee.

''What's your name?'' I asked, forgetting that we didn't even know eachother.

''Kevin.'' He said simply.

''Im Ellie.'' I muttered, I pulled mysel up from the floor and sat on the bed, fiddling with my hands underneath the blank et I was wrapped in.

''Thankyou.'' I said, he seemed kind, then I remembered I didn't have any money, I wasn't going to tell him that though or he'd probably murder me. I can't be sure if he's safe or not but he looks friendly, he looks around the same age as me actually. I heard a buzzing in the background, I looked over him to my phone on a table i the midde of the room, I sighed and slowly walked over to it.

''Hello?'' I answered through the phone.

''Ellie, where are you? I've been worried about you, come home please.'' Jordan's voice echoed next to my ear. I frowned lightly, then I heard a voice in the background. ''Do you want some breakfast?'' The girl' voice chimed.

''She's still there!'' I shouted at him.

''She had to stay some where Ellie.'' He replied to me.

''Have you forgotten what I fucking told you last night? If you actually loved me Jordan you wouldn't have let her stay with you.'' I yelled in frustration.

''I swear she slept on the sofa Ellie, I wouldn't do that to you.'' He said quietly, probably ot wanting his whore for the night to hear.

''That's not the point, and don't give me that crap you seemed pretty occupied when I caught you doing her.'' I bawled, my eyes started to fill up with tears, I shouldn't really be giving him the time of day but yet I couldn't let myself put the phone down.

''Ellie, please just hear me out, Im sorry ok, I met her at the bar when I was out with the lads, she was flirting I never meant to get it out of hand I just wanted to have fun.'' He said, his words tore on my heart strings. How could he? Have fun? Doesn't he have fun with me?

''Babe come back to bed!'' A voice behind me signalled loud enough for Jordan to hear. I turned towards Kevin, he was stood behind me, he nodded trying to get me to play along. I got his message, I giggled loudly ''Kevin, that tickles.'' I moaned in my best girly voice, the one I used to use with Jordan.

''Ellie? Who's that? Come home will you.'' Jordan called through the phone. I laughed and hung up on him. Kevin winked, his hand reached over and grabbed my phone form my hands.

''What are you doing?'' I asked worried.

His hand scrolled don the phone and then he handed it back. ''Deleted his number, don't let him get to you.'' He said kindly.

''How do you even know who it is?'' I asked wondering.

''It's not that hard to listen in on someone's conversation.'' He stated.

I nodded and walked over to the bed dropping the blanet that was still around me. ''Thanks.'' I said in awe.

''That's alright, we better be going then if you don't want to getstuck in the trafic.'' He said, he pushed his hand into his pocket and placed a cigarette in his mouth.

''After you.'' He offered, his hand gestured towards the door. I nodded, there seemed to be more to him than meets the eye.