I'm Sorry

"You ready to do this?"

"Higher further faster baby."

"That's the spirit."

Your eyes snapped open. It took a minute for you to adjust to the darkness of your room. You glanced at your clock.

3:47 AM

You groaned, swinging your legs over your bed. You got up, careful not to let your bed creak as you made your way to the kitchen.

It had been another dream. It had been the same dream plaguing your mind for the past six years. You remembered the day Carol Danvers went missing. The sky was a light blue, and the sun had felt just right on your skin.

What happened next hours later was something you hadn't been prepared for.

There had been an explosion, and the pilot who had been with Dr. Lawson was taken down in the process.

The pilot had been none other than Carol Danvers. A woman who you treasured with your soul and had vowed to protect for years to come had gone missing. Possibly dead.

You felt tears sting at your eyes, threatening to fall and stain your shirt. You opened up your fridge and took out some bread, turkey, and cheese.

Why not eat your feelings?

You missed Carol like hell. She had been like a ray of sunshine towards you, always there, always being strong, and you had lost her.

You gulped, taking a bite of your sandwich. I wasn't great, but you weren't about to complain. All you could think about was Carol.

You had tried to get over it so many times. Each and every time you tried though, it just made your feelings about the situation stronger.

You were about to take another bite of your sandwich when you heard footsteps. You're head perked up and you put your sandwich back down on the paper plate.

"Who's there. Don't make me get out my frying pan" you said, trying to be confident in your words.

A woman stepped out from the hallway. She had on a suit, which was green, black, and silver. She had blonde curls that framed her face perfectly, and she had chocolate brown eyes.

The name escaped you before your mind could comprehend it.

"Carol?!"

The woman smiled widely. She ran up to you, wrapping her arms around your waist.

You were too in shock to hug back.

"Carol what the hell?!" You asked, somewhat yelling.

Carol took her arms off your waist, looking into your E/C eyes. Her smile vanished.

Her voice sounded almost broken as she spoke.

"Y/N, I am so, so sorry."

Carol opened her mouth to speak again, but no words came out. She had remembered you, and she wasn't dead.

You opened you're mouth to speak, shutting it quickly then opening it again. Tears splattered onto your shirt. Your voice cracked as you spoke.

"Carol I thought you were dead. You just disappeared, and we didn't know where you were or if you even survived at all, but hell, Carol-"

"I know, Y/N. I'm sorry."

You stared at her for what seemed like the longest time. Finally, you spoke.

"You better have a pretty d*mn good explanation then, Danvers."

A/N: yay first imagine! So I don't know how good this was, but does anyone have any AU's I should do?

Bye!

- Charge