𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

𝐕𝐞𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞

𝐕𝐞𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞

"FOR GOD SAKE, JUST GET THE BLOODY DOOR OPEN!" Mary giggled as she clung onto James, the first few buttons on his shirt undone.

Their drunken laughter echoed through the street as the moons light reflected softly on their features.

James tried to conceal his laughter however, he failed miserably, "It's fucking jammed."

"Well bloody hurry up its freezing out here." She smiled up at him.

After what felt like an eternity the door opened with both Mary and James stumbling in. Their laughter never ceased as they dragged one another to James' bedroom.

However, before they could continue Mary stopped him, "Shit, are we going to have sex?"

"Well, I was thinking it was going in that direction."

"But I've only had sex with one person before." She stated, almost feeling as if she was betraying Finn.

"Me too." He blushed, finding his shoes rather interesting as he looked downwards.

Mary asked softly as she rested her head against the headboard. "You don't really want to do this, do you?"

"No not really... You?" He wondered as he took his place beside her.

"No actually, I don't." She smiled sadly at him.

"So my girl broke my heart, what about your fella?" James asked breaking the saddening silence.

"Excuse me?"

"Well you weren't drowning your sorrows in alcohol and coming home with me for no reason were you?"

"Alright then; I got shot, he broke up with me, just walked away like it was the easiest thing in the world to do. Then I found out I was pregnant and I ended up losing the baby." She sat dominated by a profound sadness, fatigue engraved on her worn face.

"Fuck."

"I know right, fuck my life." She laughed. However it was not one of happiness but rather sorrow. No amusent could be perceived, no joy from the sound that used to be a sign of happiness from the young girl that had suffered too much pain for her age.

James was frozen. He wasn't the best at comforting anyone really, especially females.

"I'm sorry." He spoke.

Mary reassured him by grabbing his hand, "It's not your doing."

"Still sorry though."

"Do you think we'll ever find love again?" He wondered.

"Of course you will. She won't break your heart like that other girl did. That will be exactly why your terrified of her. She will make you happy. And you know being happy is the most terrifying thing in the universe. Once your happy it can be taken from you so easily."

"Well what about you?" He questioned

"What about me?"

"I asked if both of us could find love."

"Oh, I don't know really. Truth is, I'm just so afraid that no one's ever going to love me, you know? Never meet someone who would rather be alone than be without me. I thought I had it..." She laughed,

"Turns out I was just a girl standing in front of a boy asking him to love her."