Chapter 9

*Chain's Pov*

Yato was quick to answer his phone, arriving back at the office in a snap. Looking over at Alex, he is too absorbed in his toys and didn't notice his return. I took a seat across from them, waiting till the others got seated. I guess Alex and I are going to arrive home a few minutes behind schedule.

As everyone got seated, another awkward silence settled in. The only sounds coming from the blocks, toys, and Alex's laughter. I kept my gaze at the two men across from me, glancing over at my son every so often. Klaus decided to break the silence, clearing his throat before speaking.

"Would you mind explain why you left in a hurry?" HIs voice calm and direct.

"I-we, hmmm. It's a bit difficult to explain and I'm not sure how to."

"What do you mean by that?"

"You have a family, right?"

Klaus nods. "So you're aware of the term 'family issues'?"

Klaus nods once more. "This is something like that."

"Then the reason you left was because of family issues?"

"Yes."

"But, didn't you say you're from Japan? Then how did you know it was a family issue. Did you sense a presence or perhaps was it a feeling?"

"You could say it was both."

I raised my eyebrow as did everyone else. Noticing this, Yato jumped back a little, knowing he'll have to explain further.

"I can sense the presence of my father whenever he is close by. While I can go to him, it is best at times to simply... leave."

"Why might that be?"

Yato looked up and turned his gaze towards Alex. I felt a chill go through my body as I turned my gaze towards my son as well. If he brought danger to Alex, god or not, I will kill him.

"He's isn't afraid to attack or kill anything he dislikes. He will attack anyone or anything near him if he deems them unworthy or unlikable."

"In other words, a gods mindset with a judgment complex."

"Yeah, exactly. Well, more like close enough."

"Who does he deem a perfect target?"

"In general, anyone and anything; but being specific, it would have to be weak and defenseless. Acting a message that not even the young and innocent are able to escape his punishment."

Klaus turned to Alex. "So, it would seem our tiny member is once again in trouble."

"I'm sorry." We all turned to Yato, looking like he's on the verge of tears.

"I'm so sorry."

I can't stand this anymore. Whether I die or not, my son shouldn't get involved in this. He's not at fault.

"If Alex is a target. What do you propose we do?" Everyone looks at me. Silence once again filling the room.

The stillness adding a layer of uncertainty as I gazed at Yato with a death glare. I can tell the others are getting ready to keep me from attacking him if that's the case. Yato gulps before answering.

"If you can manage to find out my real name then I will tell you. Other than that, I'll protect your son."

"Your true name is Yaboku, God of war. Must I explain further or will you tell me?"

"I had a feeling you were smarter than you looked; I was right. A deal's a deal." He took a breath before continuing.

"Charms were used in the past to prevail spirits and demons; it does the same with gods. That is if you know how to. Throughout history, only 5 people have been recorded to have been able to accomplish the task; as of right now there two but one passed away, leaving one."

I know both people, especially the one person mentioned dead and I'm thankful now that everything he taught me, I never forgot. He must have been worried and wanted to prepare for the worse. Alexander, thank you. I still had one more question to ask Yato.

"Would you being here mean there are two humanoids preset on Earth that know the technique?"

"Yeah, I suppose."

I raise my left eyebrow. "Suppose?"

"You're right. I'll teach you and all the others how to, I'll even bring the materials. Keep in mind, any god that present when the barriers are set up can come and go as they please."

I already know this, but I nod my head in understanding. There's something I still must keep secret for the sake of my brother.

"I understand."

Klaus jumps in one more time. "Yukine, do have any more information we must be aware of?"

"From what Yato has said, he's basically explained the majority of the situation. Of course, we still have much to explain."

"We'll leave that as a discussion for tomorrow. Right now, we must make sure Chain and Alex are safe. If they have become targets, then we must protect them."

"Again I'm sorry that I caused this, but whether your son likes me or not, it doesn't matter. I want to protect, not kill. I'll fix the problem." Directing his words at me.

I hear a pitter-patter of tiny feet and looking down I see Alex with his left on my lap, his stuffed white wolf he named Shiro in his right arm. I pick him up and set on my lap; allowing me to hug him as he cradles his stuffed animal. His gaze lingering at Yato.

"I know you don't like me, but I won't hurt you and I won't anyone or anything hurt you or your mother."

Alex stays quiet for a few seconds before responding. "Hmmm. Promise?"

"Promise."

"Then don't scam Uncle Leo."

"I'm not and never will."

"I'll believe you if you can help Uncle Leo without asking for money; like a true friend."

"Then, I'll prove it you. Starting tomorrow."

"Tomorrow? Why?" He's starting his 'why' game.

"Tomorrow is a special day."

"Yato." He looks over to Yukine. "We should start going if we want the materials."

"Right. We'll see you all tomorrow."

With that they both left, leaving us in another cloud of confusion, this time mixed with worry, fear, and determination. A determination to not let any harm happen to any of us.

"Mommy?"

I turn my gaze to Alex once more, as does everyone else. "Yes?"

"That god is strange. Are gods supposed to be strange?" I let out a laugh, the others following.

Keeping my gaze on Alex, a pout forms on his face. Forcing myself to stop, I hug him closer to me.

"As far as I know, no; but he is strange." His cuddles closer to me as the others spread to inform the rest of Libra of a new case.

I keep a gentle smile for him on the outside; in the inside, I'm filled with worry. At times you can be just like your Uncle Alexander, trouble always seems to follow you, then again it seems to run in our bloodline. We'll get through this, we always find a way.