chpt 14

We all sit in the sitting room on th couches, with dad holding an ice pack to his lower region. Even Ryder, Andre and uncle came down.

"Now, who brought them the stupid shit?" Dad rumbles from the other side of the room. I was seated on the single chair, with Ryder sitting on the arm rest. The three kids were directly infront of dad and uncle, who sat there trying not to laugh.

"Me." Everyone turns to look at me, and i keep myself glaring.

"Why?" Dad glares at me. Gosh old man, theres a big rat up your ass.

"Because i can." Gee i don't need to explain myself.

"Well i'm here now, and i'm the ki-"

"I don't care if your 'king' of this neighbour hood. This is my home, and  i sit in the throne, not you." Me and dad continue to glare at each other.

Tension cracks in the air, and its thick, almost suffocating. I keep my glare on dad as his starts to waver. Once again, he's the one to back down.

Thats right.

"Geesh you two need to sus out this." Andre gestures towards me and dad, and tension sparks the air. Ryder stays silent as the three boys look at each other. 

That doesn't sound too bad.

"Why not?" Manolo speaks up from the bottom of the stairs, elbows on the rail.

"Boys, go upstairs and play." I say and they immediately run upstairs. Once i hear the door shut, i turn my full attention to the conversation, probably soon-to-be arguement.

"Because she's too stubborn for her sake." Dad snarls at me.

"More like your own sake. Had you done something to keep in contact with me, i'd be more of the same as i was." I snap, my glare pointed at dad mainly.

I don't mind uncle leaving, but still, i'll get it out if him later.

"Little snob, thats a lie."

"Said the one who wont tell me shit!" Dad stands up at my out burst, and yanks me up from my seat. Out of instincts, i punch his face, which sends him tumbling back his seat.

Uncle steps between us, preventing any further harm.

"You're just an ungrateful shit like your mother! Just like her!" Dad shouts at me from over uncle's shoulder.

"You think that's gonna get you anywhere with me? The mother card? Well guess what, old bag?" I stomp upto dad, but Ryder holds me back.

"What, bitch?" Dad roars, as uncle strains his movements to get to me.

Bitch let him come.

"I hate her! Know why? Cos i care about you! I hate her for dumping me on you after birth! But you, you just like to piss me the hell off!" I shove Ryder off of me and dad does the same with uncle.

"What the fuck? She gave you-"

"El?" A soft voice speaks from the door. We both turn to see a woman, with blue eyes and brown beach wavy hair. Her skin tan, and her peach blouse and white pencil skirt shows her class.

I know this woman, but where.

"Jinine?" Dad frowns.

Holy shit balls, can this get any worse?

Jinine rushes to dad, and squels as he spins her around in a circle, holding her up.

After a few moments of them cuddling, Jinine trying to snuggle into dad more, i decide to speak up.