Tailgating Party

28 Letrese Tory 28 Alex 22 Joshua 23 Samantha 25

27 Demetrius

26 Christine Mitchelle 26

21 Star Tiffany 21 Kim 21 Tara 21 Kelly 21 Troy 21 Tre 21 Ashley 21 Parker 21

                Ruben 19 Miguel 15 Todrick 29 Chester 28 

One day, in October, the weather cools down to where the high is only 60 degrees. The perfect football weather. Letrese and her sister Christine, want to go tailgating. They've never been before. Since neither of them is really into football, they focus more on the foods and friends. Christine decides to make different chillis. Letrese will make, the vegetable and fruit trays. Together, Lee, Chris, and Star, will make cookies. At the store, they load up with ground beef, ground turkey, cheese, crackers, fritos, beans, cookie ingredients, and spices. They actually pay attention to when the team will be playing in their state, and get clothes and pom-poms, to represent them. "I'm just going to be a cheerleader, basically." Chris says. "I know right?!" Lee and Star, agree. On the day of the game, they load the RV with, lawn chairs, blankets, footballs, the food, and things to keep them entertained. The driver goes to pick up, Demetrius, then they head to the stadium. Red, orange, yellow, and hunter green, leaves, blow in the trees. A lot are on the ground already. Chris tells Todrick to bring a pick-up truck. They text and ask where people will be parking, so they can be all together. "The RV, is a dead give away." Star says. The four of them park, get out the lawn chairs, and begin setting up grills, tables, and the T.V. Other friends drive up. "You guys have the right idea." An on-looker says. More of their friends come, and park. When Todrick and his friend come, they make a scene. "The party don't start, til I walk in!" Todrick says. We all laugh. Chris lays a blanket out in the pick-up truck, then throws a bunch of pillows on it. "yes!" Alex says, then throws himself on top of them. Joshua and Todrick join, then Chester is next. Christine frowns at them. "Oh, we're sorry. Let's not mess up her, decoration here." Todrick says. Lee sits at a card table and reads. "Who reads at a dxxx, tailgating party?" Ruben wonders. Troy brings his poker cards, and Chris brought her regular cards. "Teach me how to play!" Tiffany says. Troy teaches everyone who hasn't played before. Demetrius, has played before, but watches to refresh his memory.

The game starts, without us paying attention. Several rounds of poker later, we begin making the food. Some guys drink beer while they play. Chris makes three types of chilli. The first one has all meat, the second one, is a white chilli, and the last has beans and meat. She makes noodles on the side, for those who like theirs with noodles, and puts other toppings on a tray. Cheese, sour cream, onions, crushed red pepper, scallions, fritos, and oyster crackers, are among the bunch. Lee and Chris, come out of the RV and ask their friends what kind of chilli they want. Star puts the veggie tray and the tray with the toppings, in the middle of the table. Chris and Lee, pull out another table with chairs, out of the bottom storage area of the RV, and put it near the card table. "This smells, so good." Kim says. The meat one, has, beef and chicken. The white one, has, turkey, navy beans, chicken, and corn. The third one, is a normal beef and bean chilli. Lee, adds noodles to hers, while Chris, adds cheese to hers. Tory and Samantha, make theirs into chilli dogs. Men in front of us, yell from the game. "Oh, yeah. The game." Lee laughs. "Who's winning?" Kelly asks, pretending to care. They check the score. No team has scored yet. After they eat, they watch the game a bit, trying to follow what's going on. The group only cheers when they see the other tailgaters cheer. "What happened?" Star whispers to Tiffany. "Who knows." Tiffany replies. An hour or so later, the wind picks up. Christine shivers. "We should cheer." She says, to Letrese. "To warm up." The girls get up and go in a grassy area. "Are we, offence or defense?" Lee wonders. Nobody knows. Lee and Chris begin doing cheers from when they used to cheer for football years ago. "Y-E-L-L, everybody yell, go cards!" They cheer. Tara, Star, Kim, Samantha, and Tiffany, join in. Star, Chris, and Lee, lead most of the cheers, as the others might not have cheered before, and/or don't know the moves. Once their food feels digested, they add flips and jumps. "Wait, I need to stretch." Star says. Everyone begins stretching. "Should have thought of this before." Chris laughs. Alex, Todrick, and Joshua, join the stretch. "We are, cheerleaders! Role call!" Chester, calls out. We laugh.