on your right

Morgan DuPont tiptoed into a dark bedroom, early morning light just barely filtering through red curtains

Morgan DuPont tiptoed into a dark bedroom, early morning light just barely filtering through red curtains. Snoring echoed softly while a large figure lay underneath a pile of blankets.

Grinning cynically, she picked up one of the sneakers on the floor near the bed. Taking the shoelace, she dragged it across the mans face.

     He woke up screaming.

     Batting his hands around his face wildly, the dark skinned man shrieked as he jolted straight up.

     Eyes flickering around wildly, they turned into a glare as they landed on Morgan, who was beside herself with laughter.

     "I hate you."

     She snickered. "Rude."

     "You want to know what's rude? Being woken up at four in the morning to go running around by dragging a shoelace across someone's face!"

     "Ooh, someone's cranky," cooed Morgan, leaning up against his door. "Did little Sammy miss out on his beauty sleep?"

"Shut up," muttered Sam.

Very reluctantly, he crawled out of bed.

"Hurry up," added Morgan, rocking back and forth on the balls of her feet. "You take forever to get ready."

     Sam grumbled an expletive under his breath, which Morgan chose to ignore.

     "You plan on getting out of my room or what?"

     "Nah," Morgan flashed him a grin. "I was thinking of staying right here and watching you change."

     "Get out of my room!"

     Rolling her eyes, she walked out and she heard him slam his door shut behind her.

     "C'mon, Sam! You're like a moody teenager!"

When he didn't answer, she only smiled to herself, bending down to tighten the laces of her bright white Nike sneakers. Fixing the headband holding back stray hairs from her sleek ponytail, she waited very impatiently for Sam.

     Finally, he came out, this time wearing athletic wear rather than pajamas.

     "You ready?" Morgan asked cheerfully.

     "No," grumbled Sam, arms crossed. "You better go slow because I don't feel like getting lapped today."

     "Yeah, yeah," waving her hand around, Morgan led the way, opening the door.