One shots for diff books.

One shot

I was bored. There was no amount of words that could describe the amount of boredom I was feeling. Lucy was against a tree somewhere with Aaron, and I didn’t want to watch live porn anytime soon. Diana was sitting next to the fire with Joel, and I didn’t want to break up the intense conversation it looked like they were having. Nico and James were sitting off to the side, cracking jokes with each other, making others around them laugh so much their faces started going red.

But I couldn’t find any enjoyment in listening to their jokes, especially since there was currently a red head girl sitting right next to Nico. Her arm was pressed against his as she giggled and swirled a lock of red hair around her finger. It made me what to chop her head off with an axe. Seriously it was sickening. Sure I didn’t own Nico, but something inside me just twisted as I watched her smile at him and him back at her.

“Zoey… Can I please talk to you” I jump and look away from the red head and Nico to see Oliver standing behind me with his hands clasped in front of him. An irritated sigh leaves my mouth as my heart twists a bit.

“Sure Oliver, what’s up? Other than the sky because we all know that the sky is above us. I mean, if you didn’t know that then you must be pretty clueless. You whole life must have been a lie. Because one does not just not know that the sky is…” Oliver’s hand cuts my rambling off as he places it over my mouth. Okay, so I was nervous.

“Your rambling” He states with amusement while removing his hand from my mouth. “And not here.” He adds while pulling me to my feet with a light tug. I sway slightly before gripping onto his arm to stop from falling. Oliver leads me away from the campfire before stopping far enough away that we couldn’t be seen.

“Okay, so what is it?” I ask, while folding my arms over my chest. Oliver lets out a nervous sigh while running a hand through his hair.

“Okay, so here’s the thing. I really like you Zoey. I was just using Xandra to make you jealous. Yeah so you already liked me, but I wanted you to be madly in love with me, you know? But it didn’t work and I don’t want to lose you” He explains and I gap at him in shock. Hurt and anger fills me as I shake my head in disappointment.

“You were using Xandra to make me even more jealous? Are you stupid? Girls don’t like that kind of shit Oliver! You’re a stupid fucking idiot and I can’t believe that you would hurt me like that and drive me to give up my own friend just because…” My ranting gets cut off once again but not by his hand, but his lips. My eyes widen in surprise as his lips press against mine, before moving roughly. My mind goes blank and out of instinct mine start to move along with his. A gasp of shock leaves my mouth as Oliver gets ripped away from me and pushed to the ground.

I was faintly aware of shouting and Oliver waking away but my mind was in too much of a shock to focus. Slowly my mind comes back into focus as another moves in front of me, his face a mask of anger.

“What the hell was that Hunter!? Oliver goes out with your best friend, even after knowing that you liked him and I find you in the woods kissing him!?” Nico yells his hands gripping my shoulders tightly, but not tight enough that it hurt.

“What…? No, it wasn’t what it looked like. He kissed me” I quickly say and he chuckles humourlessly.

“And? So you weren’t kissing him back?” He asks sarcastically. “Are you trying to say that your lips magically decided to have a mind of their own?”

“What… No! I’m trying to say that he brought me here to talk. And then he basically told me he used Xandra to make me even more jealous and then I started to cuss him and he kissed me. I didn’t mean to kiss him back, it was just an instinct. You know? Like when your caught by surprise so you go on automatic and just go with what seemed to be happening. It was like that, and I was about to…” For a third time that night I was cut off. But not by Oliver’s hands or lips, not even Nico’s hand. Nope. Surprisingly it was by Nico’s lips.

His lips move against mine and I follow his lead. His hands slide from my shoulders down my sides to rest on my hips and his fingers tighten. My hands slide up and around his neck, my fingers playing in the hair at the base of his neck. God, I felt like a slut. Kissing two people in the time span of 10 minutes. But in my defence I didn’t mean to kiss Oliver. And I didn’t want to stop kissing Nico.

A low moan leaves the back of my throat and I could feel Nico smiling against my lips as the kiss heats up. Sadly all good things come to an end. My phone starts to blast music and I jump away from him in shock. He stares down at me, his eyes drilling into mine as a wicked smile curves at his lips.

“You were rambling” He states before turning and walking back towards the fire, leaving me alone with my thoughts and ringing phone.