Chapter 1

⚠️THIS STORY CONTAINS MAJOR SPOILERS FROM HTTYD 3⚠️

Astrid

Berk has never been so quiet all at once. Not without a baby crying or someone sneezing or an old mans complaints - this was different. Everyone was completely still and quiet, all of us crying silent tears, no words of comfort for one another. Even once the last dragon - toothless - had disappeared from the horizon and the sun had set, no one said a word.

I mean, a lot of people went back to various tents and huts, but all were silent in a time of grief. Everyone dissolved back to their homes except Eret, Valka, Gobber, the gang and Hiccup. And me of course.

That's right - Snotlout and the twins had been quiet for hours, a record I believe - and that includes the time they are asleep.

Gonber was the first to speak. "So Ye hung up your saddles..." He reminded us, hinting towards marriage, but this time it didn't scare me.

"Yeah we did." I whispered, my voice horse. I went to stand next to Hiccup and let him lay his head on my chest - feeing a pang of guilt that I hadn't done that earlier. "Marry me please Hiccup." I whispered to him, quiet enough that the others couldn't hear.

"Yes." He replied, turning his body and hugging me, his arm around my waist and mine around his neck.

It was one of those hugs when you just hold each other, and you don't want to stop. I nestled my head in his shoulder and his head was tangled in my hair. Despite today, it was a moment of perfection that we both wanted to hold onto for as long as we could.

"So... are you getting married?" Valka asked. We broke apart, seeing that her and Gobber were the only ones left.

We shared a grin, "Yes," we said together confidently. Gobber beamed.

"Go spread the word!" Hiccup told him, as they both ran off, leaving the two of us.

"So.. future husband..." I said teasing the idea of calling Hiccup my 'Husband'.

"Future Wife..." he replied, leaning down and planting a soft kiss on my lips. The idea sent a chill down my spine - in a good way. I'm going to be someone's wife. Not just that, a chief's wife. Not just that, Hiccups wife.

But my stomach dropped when I realised, the most important day of my life has just been decided... and Stormfly and Toothless aren't here with us.

Hello! New story, set between toothless and hiccups leaving each other and then being reunited.
Hope you enjoy!

M Xx