𝟭𝟬. party crashers

Start from the beginning

     "So what did you do last night?" He asked carefully, looking at her expectantly.

     "Ah, just a family dinner."

     "I'd like to meet them sometime," Miguel said, trying not to seem like a pushy boyfriend. "I've never been to your house."

     She became unsettled, shifting on her foot. Then she sighed quietly before retorting, "Well, I've never been to your house either."

     "You're more than welcome to come whenever you want to come. My mom would love to meet you," He said, almost exasperatedly, and Samantha slightly nodded. "Or I can come to your house, meet your mom, your dad."

     As soon as he said those words, the small smile on the brunette's face faded.

     "You know, tonight's just really not a good night," She said uneasily. Miguel could only feign a small smile, nodding along to her excuse. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't good either. "Um, but we should totally hit up Ventura. Two shakes at Salt & Straw on me?"

     "Yeah, um," He cleared his throat, obviously disappointed. "I should go train. Maybe another time."

     Samantha glanced down. "Um, okay."

     "But I'll call you later." He added, sending her a little smile.

     Samantha nodded slightly, watching as he turned his back on her and walked away. Guilt started to fill up her mind, and she nibbled her lips from nervousness. She didn't know what to do, and she was afraid her father would find out about their relationship. She wouldn't know what to do if that ever happened

     Somewhere in a public park, Raegan stood in front of Eli. She wasn't used to referring him as Hawk, but she didn't call him Eli out loud either. She just doesn't say his name. The latter was doing exaggerated karate movements far behind their friends. The others were sitting on a bench in the middle of a playground. Kids were everywhere, playing with the slides and different stuff. It was pretty noisy, but Raegan didn't mind it for once.

     "Come on, eat something," Demetri insisted, a convenience store food in his hand. "It'll make you feel better."

     "Told you I'm not hungry, man," Miguel muttered, rejecting his food.

     Demetri sighed. "I still think you're overreacting,"

     "I'm not overreacting, dude," He groaned in annoyance. "I know what I saw."

     "All right, so you saw her eating dinner with some chode, " Eli chimed in after kicking Bert's face, the poor boy going unconscious from the blow as he sprawled out on the grass. Then he trudged towards them. "Oh! It's probably just her brother or something. Besides you could just ask your other girl there."

     Miguel rolled his eyes as Hawk nodded at Raegan's way, who was playfully beating up some kid while another group of kids laughed at them. It almost made his lips form into a smile. There was just something about her that subconsciously made people smile. Or maybe it was just him.

     "No, dude, brothers don't look at their sisters like that."

     "Depends on what part of the country you're in."