1 - I Don't Bow To Crowns

The wind ripples through the girl's dirty blond hair, as she races through the trees. She runs carefully, navigating through the trees, and careful as to not trip on tree roots. She comes to an abrupt stop, lifting her wizard's staff, turning it into an intricately carved bow, and knocking a slim but deadly arrow. Aiming, she closes her right eye. The brown deer in front of her stopped, dead in its tracks.

"Evie! Evie, I have been looking everywhere for you!" A tall girl with platinum blond hair and large green eyes shouts. This girl's eyes were crystal blue, unlike the first girl's midnight blue eyes.

The deer scuttles off, causing the girl to lower her bow, as she turns around irritably. "Glosseth Greenleaf, it was right there! Yllek Dears are hard to find! And anyway, stop calling me Jen! Jen, remember?" The dark haired girl shouts, waving her hands in exasperation.

"Genevieve Rosewood, I am right here!" Glosseth mocks, laughing. "Anyway, you do not need to shoot it. Lothlorien had enough food already, Jen."

Jen rolls her eyes at Glosseth. Glosseth had been her best friend since....well, Jen couldn't even remember. Jen had been hesitant to befriend the her, as Glosseth was Thranduil's daughter. Jen wasn't scared of Thranduil, nor was she afraid of crossing him, but she was worried that she wouldn't be worthy of Glosseth. Glosseth was Princess of Mirkwood, and the sister of the soon-to-be-king, Legolas. Glosseth had been visiting Lothlorien, and she wished to stay. Lady Galadriel had been more then happy to let her do so.

"You don't get it, Glosseth. I love hunting, whether I get any game or not. Y'know, the rush of adrenaline you get when you see an animal? The quiet sound of birds chirping?" Jen sighs, as she sees Glosseth's puzzled expression. "You don't need to sword fight, Glosseth. You never show your true talent, you can't. Just like I can't show my talent. There's no use in doing it, Glosseth. We do it because we love it."

"Well, someone is feeling like giving a speech." Glosseth grins.

Jen sighs. "What did you come here for, anyway?"

"Can a girl see her best friend, without an excuse?" Glosseth says, fake pouting. "Oh, and when did you get back? Tala said that she saw you walking through the gates, bow in hand. I thought you were with Gandalf for another month.''

Tala was a guard, and also a friend of ours. The brunette girl was friendly, always stopping with people to chat.

''You never come in the woods, Glosseth. Never, not unless you need me for something. And to answer your question, Gandalf sent me back. He said that he had some business with....hobbits. Of the Shire.'' Jen says, not understanding, herself. What business would Gandalf have with hobbits?

''That is odd. Galadriel sent for you. That is when I saw Tala. Anyway, Galadriel said to meet her in the throne room area. Did you do something?'' Glosseth asks, curiously.

''No! At least, I don't think I did. See you later, Glosseth!'' Jen says, grabbing her bow, and turning it back into her iron black wizard's staff.

''Bye, Evie. It is good to have you back!'' Glosseth replies. Glosseth sighs, knowing what Jen would do. And sure enough, Jen starts running to the gates, laughing. Rolling her eyes, Glosseth begins her own trek back to the beautiful center of Lothlorien.

***

Jen ran through the trees, laughing. It was so good to be back in Lorien. She loved spending time with Gandalf, learning to be a wizard, but things had been slow. Gandalf hadn't paid much attention to her, his mind seemed elsewhere. Jen shrugs it off though; she was back in Lorien, everything would be fine.