thirtynine

Throughout my 15 and 1/2 year life, I've learned something. Nobody wants to be alone. Everybody wants to be loved and/or cherished in one way or another. We don't want to feel that empty, sinking feeling as you watch the people around you go on with smiles and wondering why you can't be like them. Why you can't be perfect. Even somewhat perfect. But, most of us never have to go through that. Because those people have some redeeming quality to make up for the lack of perfection.

For my whole life, I have been lonely. I have never been one of those people. I was like the kid in the back of your 8th grade math class who would get paper balls chucked at him and had no friends. Correction, I was, that kid.

Because, you see, some of us just hopelessly yearn for that need to feel loved. We feel that need so much that we become desperate for it. We crave it like a drug. Anyone will do. It just has to be someone. And it's even better when multiple people like you so it can distract you from the fact that you hate yourself the most.

Not the healthiest mind-set , but it is what it is. Just know that it fucking destroys you even more inside.

But after a while, you want to be invisible again. Though it's too late at this point. Everyone supposedly 'knows' you. They know what you like, they know what you don't like, they know what you got on that history test - they know everything.

Everything except what's going on in your head. And, to me, I think that that's the worst part.