Chapter 5: New Alliances I

Start from the beginning

     'Obviously some factor had been taken in when the indoraptor escaped, and it increased his red blood cell levels.' He began pondering through at what could have such an impact on his blood, when it clicked. Food! He realized that on the night of the auction there was a high death count. It made perfect sense. With more food than previously thought was needed, his abilities could possibly double!

     He watched as the indoraptor lifted its right arm and grasped the end of the horn, before grasping on the nose with its foot as he began pushing up. Wu stared as the indoraptor was nearly over the top, but his arm shot out and he fell back down.

     He screeched when he collided against the skull, and then the footage came to a sudden stop, with no explanation for the static screen Wu now saw before him. The smile that had creeped upon his face retreated, and he walked away from the computer.

     Wu began thinking about his options. He was ecstatic about the idea of recapturing the indoraptor. There was more he needed to know about that creature, and a new variable was in play. But he couldn't abandon the current project, not when the soldiers were so close.

     He picked up a tablet nearby. It displayed the map of a couple mountains, and in between them was a blue dot, labeled D-9. He smiled to himself again, and began walking towards a door in the room. A roar sounded from the other side, but he kept walking.

     He was going to enjoy this. Oh yes he was.

**************************************************

     Falling. I was falling in my dream. It's a sickening feeling, yet one I'm all too familiar with. It always seems to find me; a horrible curse that will keep pursuing me until it claims my life. I've come to accept this, but that doesn't mean I don't wish for it to take its time. It's something I want to avoid, to delay, to stretch the time.

     I lied in the corner, somewhat awake, but not wanting to get up. I go through this every morning, and every morning it's a hassle. I'm sure that I'm missing something, but I don't know what and I only stay concerned about it for so long.

     Eventually I woke up, but it was for unusual reasons. One moment I'm lying peacefully in my slumber, and I feel a wet thing touch me. My eyes snapped open and I snarled at the object that dared to awaken me, but when I looked at the sight before me it died down into a low growl before fading from existence.

     A confused and curious look crossed my face as I stared at the creatures before me, and they stared right back. The four wolves were back again, and one of them was holding a chunk of meat in its jaws. I was unsure of their intentions. The tension in the room was high, and I had no idea what to do.

     We stood there, staring at each other, making no moves to attack. An urge in my gut told me to move, that they were danger, and I needed to escape. I was in a horrible state, and in no condition to fight. I tried to move, but my feet were statues. Strangely, I felt more weight on my hands than normal.

     Eventually one of them got down lower to the ground, and that was all I needed. As soon as I saw his legs move, I sprang to the side and dashed for the exit. As soon as I landed pain made its way through my body, but I ignored it as I bolted

     Mid run something in my body felt off. I only ran for a moment before tripping and landing on my snout, tumbling on the ground before coming to a halt halfway through the cave. I tried to get up, but as soon as I tried to take a step I fell down again.

     When I collapsed I scrambled across the ground and pressed up against the back wall of the cave, terrified of the advancing wolves. I had no idea what was going on, but strangely this didn't feel right. I was sure that I was meant to die by falling, not by some random wolves.