Chapter 1

Two blades, one violet and one black, collided against each other as the purple glow became nearly blinding. The younger male let out a frustrated yell as he tried to overpower his father and mentor. All sense had left him. Midnight had taken control of the younger warrior. His mentor gave a malicious grin as he saw hit happening. After all, Midnight had claimed him a long time ago. 

One more shove from the younger male was all it took. His father was on the floor. It seemed the young student was ready to end it once and for all. Instead, he turned his attention to the little girl who wasn't supposed to be watching. A few steps forward met with a few steps back. The scared girl looked to her father for help, but he merely sat and watched. Watched as her brother continued to approach, coming right in front of her. The violet blade rose. As it came down, the girl shrieked, waiting for the blow.

But it never came.

Oceanna woke in her bed in a cold sweat. She frantically looked around and examined her surroundings, confirming she was just dreaming. Of course she was. Her brother didn't attack that day. He fled, completely disappeared. It was her father who truly flew into a rage as he went after the prodigy. The ravenette escaped and found herself in her new home, the Destiny Islands. That was all when she was eight. 

Now, she was fifteen. Safe and sound for the last seven years, raised by Sora's mother who took her in upon discovering she had no family. Not that stopped her from training. Just in case her father and brother found her. Only with Midnight Star, her Keyblade, never with the power of Midnight. It was too risky. She thought back to the day she ran away from Oiche, her birthplace, and woke up on the beach of Destiny Islands.

Flashback

The little girl looked around as the light from the Star Shard she stole from her father faded. She seemed to be in some type of cavern, with a strange door and drawings on the walls. She landed on her knees, so she slowly stood up and wobbled out of the cavern. She thought about calling her Keyblade, just to make sure she could fight, but decided not to so as to not draw attention to herself. As she stepped out of the entrance, a hand immediately came up to shield her eyes from the bright light. The next thing she heard was a voice.

"Hey, where'd you come from?" A silver haired little boy was looking her over with confusion, causing the terrified girl to jump back. "You don't have to be scared! I won't hurt you."It was at this moment that two more children joined the first, a spiky-haired brunette boy and a redheaded girl.

"Riku, ya gotta see this thing Kairi fou- who's this?" The brunette boy stopped to look at her. The girl was already staring. Feeling uncomfortable, Oceanna began to back up back into the entrance of the cave.

"Sora cut it out! You're scaring her!" The silver haired boy- Riku- chastised his younger friend. He then turned back to Oceanna and held out a hand. "It's okay. There's nothing to be scared of. I'm Riku, and these are my friends Sora and Kairi." Riku gave the girl a kind smile. "What's your name?"

Scared, violet eyes looked at the trio before her. She came here out of fear, begging for a safe place. These three seemed so nice. She couldn't sense anything malicious about them. After a few moments of hesitation and thought, the girl decided to answer her new friend's question. "O-Oceanna." She slowly reached out and took his hand.

"That's a mouthful." Riku said with a laugh. "Can we call you Ocea?"

Ocea enthusiastically nodded her head, grateful for the nickname her father would never use.

"Ocea it is! Nice to meet you."

End Flashback

A loud crash of thunder brought Ocea back to the reality in front of her. She looked out the window and noticed storm clouds. Something about them didn't seem... normal to the Keyblade wielder. She thought they were a bit ominous. The best thing she could think to do was go talk to Sora. Quietly stepping into the hall, she looked around to ensure neither of Sora's parents were there. The last thing she wanted was for anyone to get the wrong idea. So she slowly tiptoed to her adoptive brother's room.