Mailboy

ITS ME JASMINE (not the creator of mailboy and artgirl). i entered a contest but didnt win. thats okay because i enjoyed writing this. it was for fun anyway. but tysm for reading this and voting. i appreciate all the encouraging comments. also sorry for any grammar mistakes/incorrect spelling.

Zoey Hunter

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀His eyes lit up. They lit up like the moon and the stars with the unique consolations. The red stars, blue and yellow. I wanted to grab him by the collar. And kiss him.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀But I knew he didn't feel the same about me.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The way my heart dwelled at his brown hair, and his body structure. Let's not even begin with his defined and perfect jaw line. His heart melting British looks and accent. Even with the arrogance that built up around him, every moment I saw or thought about him I could feel my thoughts scatter.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Nico's heart pace did not pick up, or race to the finish line for me. His stood in the same place.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Every moment my brain astonishes if he thinks of me as Beth. The girl he was in love with, the one that broke his heart. Tore him from the inside and out. Then stranded him their. Beth kept his heart in her album. Where I can never get.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀My intellection is on the other conversation we were having. How he said that he ー almost ー loved me. Was he tongue tied? Or was he thinking of me as Beth.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Goddamn!" Nico yells at his phone as he throws the hotel pillow across the room.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Those reflexes.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wait. Why have I been thinking about him this whole time? I should not love one who does not love me back. It will rupture me sooner or later.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It's only an indirect request that he will never know; to have the same feelings.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Wow." I smirk at Nico's delirious reaction. Throwing a hotel's pillow across the room and yelling at his phone.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Though that's partially what makes him special.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀My stomach growls and Nico looks over to me. "Someone's hungry."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I drop my head. This is embarrassing. "I'm going to go get something to eat."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Hold right their you arse." Nico says as I slip on my shoes and comb through my hair preparing for lunch. Wow I need some mascara and concealer. The bags under my eyes are enormous and my mascara is smeared.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"What do you want, Forrest?" I mock as I give Nico a modest glance.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Nico furrowed his eyebrows together. "Do you really think I'm going to stay in this lame hotel while you go get food? I will never step down from food."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Snorting at his comment, I roll my eyes teasingly. "Pig."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀All noise Nico was making stopped. "Are you calling me fat?" He inquired while I applied more mascara after I whipped the smeared off.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Shrugging, I smirked. "Maybe."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Before I could look at him, I was picked up my my waist and dragged out from the bathroom. "Forrest! Let me go!" I screeched with a consequence of losing all my breath.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Zorro, do you really think I'm going to let you get away with calling me a pig? Like have you seen my body?" Nico drops me on the bed and takes off his shirt.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Woah.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I could feel that familiar feeling of a blush vellicate up my neck. "Can you call me a pig now?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀My jaw wanted to drop and I wanted to touch what defined abs Nico had.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I get up from the bed but bump into the shirtless Nico Forrest. My eyes travel up his body. My breath hitching in my throat. Every vein stop pumping blood to my body and brain.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀He leans down and...

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I wake up with sweat. Just a nightmare. Calm down, Zoe. Friends don't kiss, and as fair as I'm concerned, we are just friends.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Get that in your mind! Nothing but friends!" I yell. That wasn't supposed to come out of my mouth.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Nico sits up straight in his bed alarmed and awake. "What's happening!"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I shake it off. "Nothing. Just a nightmare. Go back asleep, Forrest."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀After hearing a few shuffles, I feel a sudden weight on my bed. I turn around to see Nico and Is' face inches away.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"What are you doing," I whisper harshly as I look up at the ceiling to prevent him from smelling my breath.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Defending you from the nightmares."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Truthful in and out, it wasn't a nightmare. It was my flawless fantasy pipe dream. Some dreams don't come true, sadly.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Falling asleep in his protection did hitch my breath and stop me from breathing; I could've sworn I heard him say I love you while is slept, but to whom?