two

"wait wait wait, what?" kat laughed from the other line.

"i swear to god, kat! i'm so embarrassed!" julia cried into the phone.

"well, is he hot?" kat asked.

"i don't know! i haven't clicked on anything. i called you as soon as i got the notification." julia said, nervously biting her nails.

"go look!" kat exclaimed.

"ok ok, um," julia put the phone on speaker and set in on the desk before clicking the alert and opening his profile.

"oh, oh god, kat! he's really hot! like, smoking hot! this is bad. this is really bad." julia rambled. kat laughed.

"it's not funny!" julia yelled.

"what's his bio say?" kat asked.

"it says he's 28 and he owns his own company, and he's from England but he moved here for business. oh, my fucking god." julia read. she could feel her face heating up. "this isn't a joke anymore." she whined.

"message him back!" kat said.

"should i?" julia asked.

"well yeah, i would!" kat laughed. julia took a deep breath.

"ok, i'm gonna go though so i can study and stuff. i'll catch you tomorrow." she said before hanging up.

hi, harry. this whole thing was actually just a joke between my best friend and i, because she was making fun of how broke i am. sorry for the inconvenience.

she sighed before sending the message. almost immediately, the typing bubble appeared in the chat.

harry: aww, too bad. you're beautiful and i'd love to show you a good time. it'll help you out with your little money problem too. what do ya say? ;)

julia gasped. "oh, god." she said to herself.

julia: seriously? like, i have sex with you and you give me money? i'm not a whore

harry: not what i said love, your bio brought up sex before i did haha. i said i'd like to take you out. i don't even have to pay you the first time if you prefer. i'd just pay for dinner. sound good?"

julia: no, thank you.

she quickly exited the tab and rolled her eyes before beginning to study for her exam the next day.

-

"you said no? what's wrong with you?" kat asked.

"he wants to pay me to flash my tits! you said it was a joke!" julia whisper-yelled to her best friend. 

"he wants to take you to dinner! go! just one date! you can eat a meal!" kat said. "it doesn't have to be anything more than that. besides, he's hot as fuck." julia bit the inside of her cheek.

"i have to go home." she said, grabbing her things. "i'll catch you later."

when she arrived home, she went straight to her laptop and opened it. she typed in the name of the website and went to her messages. she scrolled through the many unopened ones she received from old guys until she found harry's.

julia: sorry for yesterday. i'm free tomorrow night if you still want to go to dinner.

she leaned back in her chair and bit at her lip nervously. she jumped when she saw the typing bubble.

harry: perfect. send me your address and i'll pick you up at 8 ;)

julia: i'd prefer to meet you somewhere, if that's okay.

harry: no worries love. i'll make reservations for us at Prendre Plaisir.

julia: isn't that like, really expensive?

harry: not for me. may i have your number so i don't have to message you on this trashy site anymore?

julia snorted. the site was kinda trashy. she typed her number into the message bar and hit send.

her phone dinged moments later.

(xxx)-xxx-xxxx: dress to impress, doll. ;) xx

she couldn't help but feel butterflies erupt in her stomach as she read the message. he was so handsome and rich. she felt kind of sick to her stomach.

"what would you think if you knew about this, dad?" she asked as she looked up. she sighed and covered her face with her hands.