16. Lily and James

Start from the beginning

He turns his head to look at me.

"Do something."

"I'm not allowed."

"We have to!"

The sun sets, and he dissapears with it. Gone. I know where he is. I hear him in my mind.

Smoke.

Do you want me there?

I don't get a reply.

I turn into Snowy, and perch myself in a tree. The stars come out, and I don't move. He'll want to be alone. If he wants me, he knows where to look.

The sun starts to come up, and he finally appears.

"My patronus changed. Mama Bird?"

I fly down and turn back into me. Slowly, I hug him, he cries into my shoulder.

"She's gone." He whispers. "She's gone."

"Let's get you home."

I apparate us back, and I make some hot chocolate. He sits on his armchair, staring at the wall like he did when he killed Dumbledore. When I see him, I sigh.

"Not again. You did this last time."

"What? Last time?"

"In the future. I knew you then. It scared me to see you like that."

"I apologise in advance." He says numbly.

"Have a hot chocolate."

He takes a mug, then spills it. I wave my wand and the mess is cleaned up.

"Probably not the best idea." He says quietly.

"You need sleep."

"Whatever you say."

He gets up and walks stiffly to his room. The same one he has in the future. I take this opportunity to look around. My old room is empty. I conjure a bed and fall asleep to the sound of Severus's snores.

()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()-()

It takes a while, but I manage to help Severus through enough for him to not consider suicide, but I leave it there so mini Belle can fix the rest.

No, not my mini. Younger Belle.

When I'm done, I return to Hogwarts as a school owl. That's where I stay for ten years. The summer holidays of 1991 swing round quicker than expected. I turn invisible and follow my younger self around for fun. I think I creeped her out, though.

Sometimes I visit Severus, and he asks me about my life.

Flashback:

I'm packing up after a particularly fun potions class, and George waltzes in.

"Hello, Georgie. What're you doing here?"

"I thought we could watch the sunset from the roof tonight."

"Not the roof again. No way."

"Maybe not there, I just want to watch the sunset with you."

"After I mark these essays from the first years." I gesture to a pile of parchment sitting on my desk. "We have a few young Hermione's in that year group."

"I'll help."

We sit in silence, marking everything. We work quickly together, getting them done just in time to get outside for the sunset.

"Ginny and Harry are engaged." I say as we walk out.

"Really?"

"They were playing Quidditch together, and she caught the snitch. It was the one that I gave Harry, remember?"

"Yeah. What happened?"

"It opened and inside was a ring."

"It seems like everybody's getting married. Lee's just asked Hazel. She said yes."

"They're so cute together."

We sit down on the grass, and the sun sinks past the trees. George digs around in his pocket.

"Remember my promise?"

"Which one?"

"We were on the train."

"Oh, yeah. I remember that." I say, blushing.

"I kept that promise." He says, holding out a small box. "What do you say?"

"Is that..." I gesture to the box, unable to mask my excitement.

"Why don't you find out?"

He hands over the box, and I open it. Inside is a ring. I nod slowly.

"Yes, Georgie. YES!" He slips it into my finger, and I wrap my arms around his neck, hugging him tight.

We're getting married.

End of flashback.

_________________________

Awww!

QOTC: have you read Darkness Girl: Trickster God? If not, search it up now.

Go ahead.

Please vomment!

~Ericano