I stood up, nodding. "I'll sleep on the floor if I have to."

She smiled a small smile and I pulled her close, wrapping my arms around her neck. I pressed a kiss to her forehead and she looked up at me.

"If you have plans, don't w-"

"Baby, even if I had plans, I'd call them all off," I said, "you have nothing to worry about."

~*~

Fred

"Are you sure you don't want to spend your birthday in a more eventful way?" I asked, looking down at Alexis.

She shook her head. I rubbed her hair and looked back at my TV, my jaw taut against her head.

"Mostly because I'm just really full from all the cake," she said, looking up at me.

"Me, too," I said.

She sat up and paused my TV, stretching. "I'm going to tinkle, in Ari's terms."

I chuckled and watched as she walked into my bathroom. Alexis wore a tank top and sweatpants better than any human ever. Her sweatpants hugged her curves but were baggy enough, her tank top showing off her toned, tanned abdomen and her belly button ring.

You're a lucky guy.

I reached over and checked my phone, seeing a text from Mom.

[From: Mom]
Tell Alexis I said happy birthday!! Love her

Alexis walked out of the bathroom and washed her hands.

"Mom said happy birthday," I said.

"Tell her thanks," she said, throwing my towel on my counter.

She walked over to the bed and climbed under the covers, making me put my phone on my nightstand and cuddle up to her.

"You want me to turn the TV back on?" I asked, reaching for the remote.

"Actually, no," she said, sitting back up.

I just looked at her and she climbed on my lap, straddling my legs.

I just looked at her as she discarded my shirt. "Not completely aware as to why that's here with us."

I just chuckled and grabbed her jaw, pulling her lips down to mine. I rested my hands on her hips and she pulled away from me, looking down at me.

I pulled her bottom lip down with my thumb, looking up at her.

I could tell she was thinking something and I was determined to get it out of her.

"What's on your mind?" I asked, my thumb rubbing her cheek.

She shook her head and I just looked up at her.

"You're lying to me."

She lowered herself down on my lap and shook her head, pulling my lips to hers.

I felt her tiny hand on the bottom of my abdomen, moving down slowly but surely.

"Alexis," I said weakly, making her move to the side of me.