a protective party

a/n; hey guys! sorry it's taken me so long to update, my laptop broke and I had to get it fixed, then, I started this update and wattpad crashed halfway through before I saved it :( this is a request left by pusheencats_cat on my last chapter. hope you enjoy!

You sauntered into the precinct at 8AM on a Friday morning, making your way towards your desk with a cup of coffee from the shop round the block. You sent a coy smile towards Rosa, who smirked at you subtly in response. The two of you had been seeing each other for a couple of months now, but hadn't found the right time to tell the squad yet, and Rosa was a very private person.

No sooner had you sat down in your chair and sent your bag on the floor, did you hear an excited voice from behind you. You turned to see Amy at her desk, a huge grin plastered across her face.

"Guys, check your email! The greatest thing that could ever happen, has just happened!"

"Woah, Amy, I've barely just walked in, slow down.." you replied, firing up your computer.

"Did the girl who beat you for high school valedictorian die?" You heard Jake asked, as he walked up to his desk and sit down, before looking at you. You nodded, smirking before high fiving him as Amy scowled.

"No." She resumed her grin, leaning forward to read the small print on her computer screen. "'Kevin Cozner requests your presence at Raymond's birthday party'".

"Who's Kevin Cozner? Is he the star of 'Danzes with Wolvez'?" You asked, as both Jake and Charles snorted. "He's Captain Holt's husband." you heard Rosa say, as you span round in your chair to face her. "Captain Raymond Holt? We're all going to the captain's birthday party."

"Oh, the captain's party.." you heard Jake mumble, as you brought up your email to see the exact same request.

"I cannot wait to see the inside of Raymond's house!" you heard Amy continue, as you gave Rosa a sidelong glance. "I'm gonna learn everything there is to know about him.."

"I bet it's really fancy.." Boyle said, walking towards you. "Like, Beauty and the Beast fancy!" Amy nodded in agreement.

"Nah, it's probably just an empty white cube with a USB port in it for him to plug his finger in when he's in sleep mode." you replied, earning another high five from Jake. You were about to add another comment, when you were interrupted by a stoic voice behind you. Everyone turned to see Captain Holt stood in front of his office.

"Apparently my husband Kevin has invited you all to my party. There is very little street parking, no gifts and no singing of happy birthday. Should be fun.." He said, before a brief pause. You assumed he was going to continue, but instead, turned on heel and headed back into his office.

"Sound fantastic!" Amy shouted after him, as you all exchanged looks.

"Did you hear that?" Jake asked once Holt was back inside his office. "His husband invited us, not him. He so doesn't want us there."

"Yes he does!" Amy protested, before she was cut off by Gina.

"Mm, it was kind of a last minute invite" she said, looking at Amy in mock sympathy as she looked confused. "Just stirring the pot a little.."

"Why wouldn't Holt want us there?" Charles asked.

"Because he thinks we're gonna embarrass him in front of his husband!" Jake replied, before starting to stand up from his chair. "Which frankly, is insulting!-oh, man!" He exclaimed, as the bowl on desk was knocked over. "All the orange soda spilled out of my cereal.." he said sadly.

"Classic Jake.." you muttered, before turning back to your desk.

----------------------------

After the whole squad had been given a five minute seminar on 'adult parties' and how to act appropriate by Terry for tonight's ordeal, you all began to stand up and exit.