Unexpected Arrival

(Whitey Winn POV) 

I thought that today would be an average day here in Le Belle, so I fell asleep while sitting my chair as I usually did. I slept peacefully until I heard the sound of horses galloping getting closer. I looked up, moving my hat slightly to see a girl on a black stallion with a boy on a brown stallion parked his horse next to her. I noticed the guns at their waists, taking in the amazing quality of the guns. I sat up, becoming cautious of the suspicious riders. The people who were drinking in the bar had stepped out and a crowd had formed from a distance. I stood up and slowly walked up to them. 

"May I ask ya what yer doing here in Le Belle?" I asked, squinting in the sunlight. The boy on the horse glared at me while the girl smiled and hopped off her horse to greet me. 

"I mean no harm, Mr. Deputy! We're simply looking for a place to stay or start a new." she said, her accent making me melt right than and there. I kept my cool though and looked down at the two guns at her sides and the knife that was sheathed on her thigh. She wasn't wearing a dress like most girls, but rather wearing pants and a shirt with a black cowboy hat. 

"Perty guns ya have there. Where'd ya get 'em?" I questioned as the girl smiled and pulled out one of the guns slowly to show me she had no intention of use it, at least not at the moment. 

"They are perty... I'm glad ya have good taste, Mr. Deputy! They were a gift from my dying father as he was shot to death." she said, placing the gun back by her hip. 

"Do you know who shot him or why?" I asked, trying not to push my boundaries. She chuckled before adjusting her hat. 

"Man is Greedy and my father had somethin they seemed to have their eye on." she said as she adjusted her boots. 

"Now what would that prized possession be?" I asked, making sure they weren't gonna bring any troublesome folks on their tail. 

"My hand in marriage. However, a girl ain't no property of a man and I ain't gonna stand for being a simple-brained housewife." the girl said with a slight smirk. I smirked at her as her personality caught my attention. 

"Very well. Where ya headed, Ms...." I said, waiting for her to tell me her name. She chuckled and the man who was still on the horse scoffed. 

"Drop the 'Ms'. I ain't no proper lady. (Y/n) and that'd be it." she said, smirking back at me. Damn, this girl was gonna be my downfall, I already knew it. 

"(Y/n). Perty name for someone as powerful as ya are. Where ya both headed? I'll make sure ya get there in one piece." I said as the boy rolled his eyes at me. 

"My brother here will be searching for a place to stay for now, but imma grabbed a drink at the bar, Pretty boy. Care to join me?" she whispered, her brother trotting off. I practically lost  control of myself with the expression that (Y/n) was giving me, but I was able to hold my lustful urges back to reply. 

"I'd love nothing more than to down a whiskey with the prettiest gal in town." I said with a wink. She smirked and walked into the bar, all eyes on us. We sat at the bar and order some drinks. To my surprise, (Y/n) downed just as much whiskey as I did. We talked and laughed, making my realize that, damn..., (Y/n)'s laugh was hot. We drank until sundown  when I heard the familiar sound of gunshots in the street. Just as I got up to rush outside, (Y/n) was already out of the bar, ready to fight. I tried to stop her, thinking that she didn't know what she was up against, but when she spoke I knew I couldn't stop her anymore. 

"Hey, boys~ Been a while. You promised you'd write~" she said, dragging out her words as her shaped form confidently swayed. 

"It's hard to write to ghosts, (Y/n) (L/n)." they spat as (Y/n) smirked, hand ready to draw her gun in a split instant. 

"Ya boys need to learn ya place in this town.." (Y/n) said, glaring slightly at the men who had clearly struck a nerve. 

"Maybe ya should find your place, whore. We know ya dear ole daddy found his pretty quick." the men said with a chuckle. (Y/n) drew her gun with what seemed like the speed of light, perfectly hitting on of the men in the left forearm. 

"My daddy at least had the fight to pass the honor of killing ya fools to his dear daughter now, didn't he? Oh, I hope you haven't forgotten who I am and what I'm capable of, boys~ I'd hate to have corpses at me feet on my first day settling in." (Y/n) said with a smirk. One of the men tried to raise his gun to shoot at (Y/n), but she was faster, shooting the gun and possibly taking off some fingers of the man. He screamed in agony and his partner tried to shoot, but he hesitated giving (Y/n) the chance to shoot him in the hip. 

"Best ya be going, boys. There's enough blood in the sand for one night!" she said as she waved to the retreating cowboys. I walked up to her, a smirk on my face. 

"Where'd ya learn to shoot like that, Missy?" I said, smirking as she placed her guns back in the holster. 

"I've been shooting guns since I could pull the trigger." she said with a chuckle. Damn... that's hot...