"We can't kill them." I speak up. "I won't let you do that."

        Derek peers over towards me. "What if we can't catch them?"

        "We're still not going to kill them." Scott backs me up.        

        "Then maybe we just need to contain them." Chris suggests, walking forward to stare down at our town. "There's no one in the school at night, is there?"

        "You want to trap them inside?"

        "If there's somewhere with a strong enough door, no windows, or access to the outside."

        Isaac and I share a look, thinking the exact thing. "What about the boiler room?"

        "It's just one big, steel door." Isaac adds. 

        Chris stares off, going through our plan to see how well it would work. "You're sure the school's empty?"

        "It has to be. There can't be anyone there this late, right?" Scott questions, sounding a little unsure.

        "All teachers are supposed to leave at a certain time." I chime in. 

        Chris walks back over to the duffel bag he set on the ground. He unzips it and slams some kind of cylinder into the ground. "These are ultrasonic emitters. It's one of the tools we use to corral werewolves, pushing them into a direction we want them to run." He reaches to press a button on the top of the device. 

        A loud, high pitched screech comes from the device, the noise feels like daggers being jabbed in my ears. I gasp out loud. My hands instinctively fly to my ears, pressing my fingertips to them. I squeeze my eyes shut, unable to hear anything else besides the high pitched frequency.

        Chris shuts the device off. All of us sigh in relief. I hesitantly lower my ears, afraid that he might turn it back on. Scott looks my way, like he is checking that I am okay. I half nod to him. Chris stands back up, popping open his trunk. He starts to hand out emitters to each of us.

        "These are gonna drive them to the school?" Derek eyes the emitter in his hand.

        Chris nods. "And then it's up to you to get them into the basement."        

        "Does anyone else want to rethink the plan where we just, uh, kill them?" Isaac tries again.

        My mouth falls open slightly and I smack him across the back of his head. "You kill any of them, and I'll never talk to you again." I threaten him, knowing that he would never risk something like that. "This is going to work."

        "We're going to have to go seperate ways to lead them to the school. We each get two." Chris hands me two of my own.

        Isaac holds up a hand. "Whoa, wait a moment. Chloe isn't going off on her own."

        I switch both of the emitters to one arm. "I'm not a baby, Isaac. Besides, we'll be meeting back up at the school." The wind blows softly and a very familiar scent floats to my nose. No one else whips their head in the direction the scent came from. "You guys don't smell that?" All of them shake their heads. "I caught a scent. I'll meet you guys at the school."

        "Wait! Chloe!" Isaac shouts.

        "Chloe!"

        I ignore their shouts and race in the direction I caught Boyd's scent. I grip the emitters in my hands tighter. Why does he always assume that I'm such a baby? I know I used to be pretty weak, but I thought I had gotten so much better. Does he not see improvement in me? I slam one of the emitters in to the ground before taking of towards the direction the school is in.