Chapter 5

Cesar wakes up in a cold sweat and he can barely breathe. If Monse finds out from anyone besides him they're done. "Hey. Wow you look... not good. I'm sorry I take full responsibility I shouldn't have been blowing you up every night. I still can't believe my dad has a box filled with stuff about my mom." Monse says with a smile. "Yeah, listen something's been weighing on me." "I know." Monse cuts him off. "You're not mad?" He looks at her confused. "Why would I be mad? I'm the one who's been making us stay a secret." Monse says and Cesar can breathe for a second. "I'm ready to tell them, we've been keeping us a secret long enough." Monse announces. "Seriously?" Cesar asks, he's both nervous and excited. "Yeah seriously. We have to find a way to tell the guys so they won't get mad." Monse says. "You want to come over after school?" Cesar asks. "Yeah sounds good." Monse smiles. He has the rest of the day to come up with a way to tell her what happened but as of right now all he knows is Monse is going to hate him.
*lunch time*
"Hey Monse, Oscar needs me to tag something for him so can we meet up a little later?" Cesar says when he gets to the table. "You should come over, I don't have anything better to do." Olivia says. "I'm not going to take that long." Cesar gives Olivia a dirty look. "We barely hangout, it'll be fun." Olivia adds. "Ok, Cesar you can just meet us at Ruby's." Monse says and Cesar's pulse starts to race. "Sounds great." Cesar says as he grinds his teeth. "Great we can finally have some girl time, there's so much I need to tell you." Olivia laughs.

*Ruby's house after school*
"What are Jamal and Ruby doing?" Monse asks. "Ruby said it's some business idea and it's on a need to know basis." Olivia says. "So what did you wanna talk about?" Monse doesn't know a lot of girls and she's not friends with any of the ones she does know so girl talk is relatively new territory. "Ok so on Halloween I kissed a guy at the party." Olivia smiles. "Wait, was it someone from the crew?" Monse asks. "No, it was just some guy who was at the party." Olivia lies straight through her teeth. "What did he look like?" Monse's excited to be able to talk about this kind of thing with someone. "So he's-" Cesar barges in. "Olivia can I talk to you for a second." He says quickly. He walks in to the room and pulls her out leaving Monse confused. "It's about Ruby." He justifies why he's leaving her out of the conversation. "You can't tell her anything. I need to be the one to tell her or else it's going to look like I'm trying to hide something." Cesar whispers once they get into Ruby and the twins room. "Relax, I said I wouldn't say anything and I won't. Besides if you guys aren't dating why does it matter that we kissed?" Olivia puts her hand on his bicep. Suddenly they here one of the floor boards creek and they see Monse peeking through the door. "Ruby told me to get you guys, we're on lock down and he wants to play some games or something." She walks into the bathroom with tears in her eyes. Cesar pushes Olivia away and he goes after Monse but she slams the door in his face. "I'm sorry Monse, it didn't mean anything!" He yells through the door. Monse's sitting on the floor with her knees to her chest, tears are about to fall but she won't let them. "What happened?" Ruby asks. "He kissed Olivia." Monse's voice cracks when she says this. "You did what?" Ruby says. "I kept a secret Jamal cheers. Everything gets quit for a second and then they all start screaming at each other. Monse climbs out the bathroom window, she knows she shouldn't be outside but she can't stay there. She sees Oscar hiding in some bushes and she sneaks over to him. "Ruby's bathroom window is open." She scares the crap out of him but she knows he's safer inside. He might be a criminal and the older brother of he who shall not be named but he's basically family. "Thanks, I owe you one." He nods. Back inside the house everyone's screaming until they see Oscar come out of the bathroom instead of Monse. "I don't know she just said the window was open." He says. "I gotta go find her." Cesar says. "Are you crazy, do wanna get arrested?" Oscar yells.
Monse's trying to sneak over to her house when a police officer pulls her over. "You should be inside, get in I'll bring you home." The officer says. "So, why are you crying?" The officer tries to make small talk. Usually Monse wouldn't share her personal information with a stranger but she needed to talk to someone. "This guy I've been seeing on the down low kissed another girl. The cop pulls over and says, "Tell me everything." Monse explains everything from summer until now and the cop is taking it all in like a therapist. "So you didn't give him a chance to explain? What if she kissed him?" The cop asks. "He had plenty of time to tell me in between Halloween and now." Monse says. "Monse, it's not easy to tell someone something that big. Give him a chance to explain or end things with him. You guys have been best friends for ages, one kiss shouldn't ruin all that." Monse nods. "I guess you're right. I should end it and if he wants to kiss her so bad they can just date." Monse sighs. "So you want me to bring you to him or take you home?" The cop asks. "I can't see all of them right now." Monse replies. "Ok which way?" The cop asks and Monse gives him directions.