Thorns in The Thicket

I pushed through the woods, holding my wounded shoulder tightly while gritting my teeth. 'Damn it. They betrayed me. Filthy bloodsuckers. I gave them the information they needed...why..why did they kill her?' I pressed on, feeling the weight of the world on my shoulders. Spring was coming soon, yet snow still remained on the ground. My blood leaked into droplets onto the white snowy underground I was treading upon. I had finally managed to escape the farm, but at what cost. I heard the vampires chasing me again, their feet crunching into the snow louder with each second. My lungs burned from all of the running I was doing but my adrenaline was too overpowering that I couldn't feel it. The wintry air stung my eyes, causing them to water. I pushed on though, reaching the end of the forest line. I tripped down the giant hill, tumbling in the powdered snow. 

"I knew one would leave! Our birds are still loyal!" A gruff manly voice called out. I tried to push myself up, but my adrenaline dropped. My vision became blurry as I became painfully aware of the burning sensation in my bare feet and my now numb legs. My lungs singeing inside of me, begging for more air.  I heard the vampires, three I guessed, approaching the hill.

"There she is! Grab her!" One of the vamps commanded.

"I don't think so. She's now under the protection of the Moon Demon Company. Go tell your superiors." The other man said, placing his hand firmly on the handle of his sword.

The leader of the vamps who had followed her signaled the others to stay back. "That's Guren Ichinose of The Moon Demon Army. He's too strong for us. We must retreat." The vamp said, giving Guren a glare as he pulled the two others away back towards the human farm. 

My eyes began to get extremely heavy. I laid half-lidded by the time the man named Guren came over to me. "What's your name, kid?"

"(Y/N) Hyakuya..." I breathed out.

"Hyakuya huh? Orphanage?" He asked, his eyebrow cocked.

"Lab." I replied, my breath becoming weaker and my will to give in to sleep strengthening. 

"No way. A lab rat survived.... Sayuri, can you go locate the vehicle? I'll be bringing this one with." He said, picking me up.

My eyes finally closed and a odd dream set in the blooming part of spring took over.

A beautiful woods surrounded me, light green leaves freshly grown encompassing my vision. A clearing was ahead of me through some bushes. A beautiful Sakura tree grew in the clearing, the blossoms blowing off of the limbs in the light gusts of wind. I saw my sister playing in the sun's rays, dancing to the melody of the tune that another woman sung. I ran forward, tears in my eyes. "Minami!!" I shouted, running towards her. Once I reached the thicket of bushes, thorns wrapped around me, cutting painfully into me. I grimaced and shuttered, unable to move.

The vampire I despised most, Ferid Bathory, stood beside my sister, grinning devilishly. "Look Mina-chan, she doesn't care enough to protect you. She's too weak." 

"Mina!!" I screamed, reaching out for her, vines of thorns wrapping me. 

Ferid picked Minami up like a baby, holding her, his fangs present. "Perhaps a taste wouldn't be so bad." He licked his lips.

"Big sis, don't let him hurt me. Give away your heart to that woman. Save me!" She cried out, pointing to a woman with long curled locks of silver blonde, Ferid's fangs coming close to her neck.

"Minami...you'd never-"

"You are so selfish! Aren't you? He's going to kill me! Save me!!" Minami cried out angrily.

"...Mina-chan would never say that." I said, biting my tongue.

"Good, at least you seem capable, even if you are just a child. We will cross paths again, (y/n). Consider this a gift from me to you. Until next time, child." The woman said, hanging an odd light blue silver key on a necklace over my head and onto my neck. "Sweet dreams, blue bird." She said, kissing my forehead and drowning the rest of my sleep into a dreamless land.