Persona 5 AU Part 3: The Temple of Wrath and the trip to Hawaii

Just like with the first 3 palaces, Futaba's palace is pretty much the same as it was in the original game. The thing that sets this one apart from the first three, however, is that Hifumi is part of the team now, so she'd have her own input in the Palace. She'd also aid in the fight against Wakaba, but the real plot difference comes after the Palace crumbles. Long story short, the Thieves secured a route to the treasure, they fought Cognitive Wakaba, Futaba awakened to Necronomicon and they stole Futaba's heart. When Futaba joins the group, the team tries to help her get over her social anxiety in a 4 day plan. For this story, I'm going to extend that to 5 days. The plan is as followed. On day 1, Ren, Yusuke and Makoto go together to Futaba's room to have idle chat, which leads to Futaba getting mad at Yusuke for rearranging her Neo Featherman Figurines and thus begins their bitter rivalry. On day 2, Ann and Ryuji arrive to do the same at Café Leblanc, and they end up hitting it off. The difference I've made here is that Mishima also comes to the Café. He and Futaba hit it off easily, as they're both tech geeks and in a way, social outcasts. Day 3, Futaba helps Ren and Sojiro around the Café. Then on Day 4, the day before they all go to the beach, Makoto suggests they try and take Futaba to a public place and see if there efforts have payed off. Thus, Futaba goes with Ren and Hifumi to the Church in Kanda. When the mass is over, Hifumi is proud of Futaba for being able to stand so many people. Futaba says that it's because everyone was so quiet, though she did freak out a little at the sign of peace offering (peace be with you and all that.) Hifumi warns Futaba that the beach will be louder, but they won't leave her side. Futaba seems happy with this. The beach trip goes like it does as it did in the original game. Hifumi waits with the stuff with Morgana while Ann, Makoto and Futaba ride the banana boat and Ren, Ryuji and Yusuke go to "hit on" some girls. She sits for a while, contemplating what adventures will await her as a Phantom Thief. Futaba officially becomes the Phantom Thief Oracle.

Things don't really change much until the Hawaii trip

Things don't really change much until the Hawaii trip. The way they arrive is pretty much the same as the original game, except Shiho Suzui is on the trip too. She has her own confidant at this point, so you can have a Hawaii date with her. Futaba and Morgana remain at home in Japan and Yusuke and Hifumi prepare for their school trip in Los Angeles. As he did in the original game, Ryuji gets overexcited at arriving in the tropical country, leaving Ann and Makoto embarrassed. Mishima says he can understand Ryuji's excitement. Rooms are decided and Ren shares a room with Mishima. After a few hours, Ren notices Mishima isn't talking and is looking at his phone. He explains he's improving the Phan-site, but looks a little awkward. When Ren asks Mishima what's wrong, he suddenly asks Ren a question that catches him off guard. "Can you...someday...take me to the Metaverse?" Mishima explains that he just wants to see what the world of peoples hearts is really like, and he says he won't pick fights or get involved in combat. He just wants to see what happens. Ren is fine with it, but he needs to check with Morgana. Mishima says he'll wait for an opportunity to share what he's added. The group is surprised the next day when Yusuke and Hifumi arrive at the hotel. Yusuke explains that their trip to Los Angeles was cancelled due to a storm and the team begin to blame him for what happened at the Fireworks festival. Aside from that, the rest of the trip goes as it did before. The only major difference is that Hifumi, Shiho and Mishima all play a bigger role in this part in particular. It's here that the group first learns of Okumura Foods, which you must remember. The company plays a much bigger role in this game. I won't say how, but it will. When the Thieves return home, they meet at the Café for a Mementos meeting, when Mishima suddenly rushes into the attic. It's here he explains the new feature he added to the Phan-site. A poll voting on whom the Phantom Thieves next target should be and he's got big news regarding it. When Ryuji asks who the most voted for person on the list is, Mishima's reply shocks everyone...

Kocha Kobayakawa...