☆ Dents ☆

Russel's POV

I stretched my legs out in front of me, trying to get all the early morning dreariness out of my system.
To my left sat Murdoc, slouching in a dent in the sofa, eyeing up 2-D who was on my right, attempting to change the television channel.
On the floor sat Noodle, munching on a piece of toast. The toast had been magnificently burned, then smothered in honey to try and take the edge off the foul taste of the blackened bread.

2-D had been attempting to change the channel for at least 10 minutes, but had gotten no further that turning the TV (or 'telly' as he called it) on.

He was furiously squinting at the remote, and growling angrily every so often.
"Oi, Oi, pass it over faceache, this is painful," Murdoc growled from my left, attempting to snatch the remote from 2-D, only to realise that I was sitting in the way.

I offered 2-D a sideways glance, trying to signal that he should probably just hand it over, but the pissed off singer was not to be defeated.
"It wouldn't have ta be painful if it weren't for yew and yer stupid car!" He objected, startling Noodle who'd just been obliviously enjoying breakfast.
"You should be thanking me Stu. After all, if it wasn't for me, you'd still be in a coma.
"I wouldn't have been in a coma in the first place if you hadn't knocked me in tha face with yer bloody car!"

The air buzzed with tension as 2-D stared at Murdoc, his face screwed up with anger. After a few more seconds he stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind him.
"Would it kill him to close it gently.." Murdoc murmed under his breath, picking up the now abandoned TV remote.

Noodle finished her toast and then pulled out the pocket English/ Japanese dictionary I'd given her the night before. She flipped through the pages, her eyes flicking up and down as she scanned the columns of words.
"t..t.. hank...?" She began, slowly studying the small text.
"Thhhhh," I made the sound for her "Thhh-ank."

"Thh..ank yoo..?"
She looked up at me, her small face showing eagerness, and a longing for aproval.
"Very good Noodle. You can go if you want."

And with that she was off.

2-D's POV

I resided in the basement of Kong.
In spite of it being a bit damp at times, it wasn't the worst. If it got too cold I'd probably just find somewhere else to sleep.

It was rare for anyone else to be down here, so it caught me off guard when I heard a slight tapping noise echoing from somewhere outside my bedroom. It was surely the sound of footsteps, and suddenly I felt my mind fill with dread. Was it Murdoc? Was he mad at me for earlier? Was he here to beat me?

There came a knock.
Murdoc never knocked, so I edged towards the door, to see who on earth it was.

I was expecting to see someone at eye level, but instead I had to look down, to see the tiny form of Noodle peering up at me. My tall form dwarfed the child.

I stepped aside, letting her through the doorway, and made her way inside, making herself comfortable on the edge of my bed, never taking her eyes off of me. She looked as though she was on a mission, determined to... I don't know actually...

She looked puzzled, or rather thoughtful for a few seconds before stretching her hand out to reach for an abandoned notebook and pen lying on the floor, which I had been using mostly only to write down useless things, such as half completed songs that might've come when I was messing about on a keyboard.

Noodle began scribbling with the scratchy biro, and then passed the notebook to me. I squinted at it, attempting to see what the image the lines were forming. It seemed to be two stick figures, one small and showing a somewhat confused or concerned look, the other thin and long, with a black rectangle on the end of one of his disproportionate arms.
Then, there was an arrow, pointing to another doodle where the small stick person had a speech bubble with a smiley face in it next to them. The long, thin one was now also smiling.

"Ye... came 'ere to..smile at me...?"
She shook her head, taking the pen and paper from me and hastily doodling something. This time, her drawing was even more simple. A sad face, surrounded by a few question marks.
"Ye..wanna know why I'm sad..?"

This time her reaction was positive, and met with a small nod.

"Well.... I.. uh..." I searched for the right words to use, and for a way to even begin to explain my situation to this tiny child.
"I guess I'm just fustrated is all. With myself, and with Murdoc. Murdoc knocked my eyes out, see?" I pointed to my eye, sighing. I wasn't even going to attempt to explain an 8-ball fracture to her, especially when I myself didn't even fully understand it.

"And tha' means I can't see very well. 'S all blury."
She looked up at me, expectantly. Her gaze and the look on her face relayed a message.

How did this happen?

"I don't rember all that much of it myself, but..." I trailed off as I recalled the events of that fateful day. D-day.

It was early in the morning, and I'd just come in for work. I'd been expecting nothing more than another standard day of work, peaceful, if a bit boring.

"It all started one morning. I worked in a music shop before I came here."

By the afternoon I was bored out of my mind and slightly dazed. Waiting for customers in the same position for several hours straight had left my brain inactive, and I was beginning to doze off on the spot. All of a sudden, I heard a noise, coming from outside. The roar of an engine, not slowing down, but rather getting closer and closer, louder and louder.

"I 'eard a sound in the distance. Tha' sound of a car.."

The sound of shattering glass filled my ears. A car had smashed through the front window of the shop, and was flying through the air with no hope of stopping. It all happned so fast, one minute I was slouching in my spot, half heartedly hoping that maybe we'd get a customer or two, the next moment my heart was leaping out my chest, shards of splintered glass leaving small cuts on me as I stared at the car, hopelessly paralysed.
What happned next was a blur of excruciating pain and raw panic pulsing through my veins as I felt myself slowly sinking to the floor, the world around me fading away. My last conscience thought was that I could hear someone far off in the distance yelling 'Call 999!'.

"An' that was that." I pointed to my left eye. "My eye was no more. But Murdoc didn't stop there, oh no.."
I paused, thinking back to the moments I rembered from directly after waking from my coma.

It had all been silent up until now. But suddenly I was aware of a new feeling racing through my body. Pain.
And that was how I woke up, crashing onto the dirty concrete of a pavement, cracked glass in my hair, and thick trails of blood sliding down my face.
Yet again, the world around me gave way as I fell back into an abyss, but this time, I wouldn't be gone for long.

"When I was in tha' coma, Murdoc was 'possed ta look after me. Instead, 'e sent me flyin' through the windscreen of 'is car. It did wake me up though."

Beep
Beep
Beep

The world around me slowly gained colour as a jumbled mass of smudgy shapes formed in front of my eyes. I blinked, trying to get the room around me to click into focus, as I did every morning when I woke up. But nothing came of that. No matter how hard I tried, it was no use. The world remained blurred.

"I was in 'ospital for a while after that, though eventually I they did let me out. Gave myself quite the fright when I looked at ma' self," I smirked under my breath, recalling the memory. At the time I'd been absolutely terrified, but now it seemed almost funny to me. I really did overreact. Pretty sure I screamed.

"But there yew 'ave it. Tha's the long story of 'ow Murdoc almost killed me twice."
Noodle was gazing at me with a mix of amazement and shock. She was about to open her mouth to speak, when a voice sounded from outside, echoing from down the coridoor.
"D? Noodle? Are you down here?"

Long time no see, eh? Anyways, Cyborg Noodle is a Vocaloid, 2-D's full name is Two Dents and this chapter is shit, ok bye