'We're not sure.' Meredith shakes her head. 'We saw the crowd and came over.'

'But her running app shows that she has run roughly 30 miles in about 3 hours.' DeLuca continues. Maya's eyes widen. 'Yeah.' DeLuca sighs, nodding, knowing what Maya's facial expression is saying.

'She's definitely dehydrated.' Meredith tells them. 'We also think that she's hypoglycemic.'

I'll check her blood sugars.' Travis states, getting the little machine out of the medical bag. He pricks Brooklyn's finger, scrapes some of the blood onto the strip and puts it into the machine.

'Pulse is 140.' Maya says. 'Oxygen saturations are 98. BP is slightly low. Her temp is 104.'

'Start her on a saline drip.' Meredith tells her. Maya nods and gets the IV kit out of the medical bags alongside the bag of saline.

'How are her blood sugars?' Meredith questions Travis.

'3.' Travis looks up from the blood sugar monitor.

'I'll start a glucose drip as well.' Maya nods.

'If she's dehydrated, she's most likely hyponatremic.' DeLuca points out.

'I take it you're taking her to Grey-Sloan?' Meredith asks. Maya nods. 'We'll start infusing her there.'

.

Fifteen minutes later, they are loading Brooklyn into the back of the aid car. DeLuca gets in the back whilst Meredith decides to follow in her car.

'Trav, do you want to drive or ride in the back with Brooklyn?' Maya asks Travis.

'I'll ride in the back.' Travis replies. 'That way I can try and contact her foster parents.' Travis climbs into the back of the aid car and Maya closes the doors as Ryan walks up to her.

'So, that's Travis' sister?' Ryan questions.

'Yeah.' Maya nods. 'She's in the system.'

'I'll follow you to the hospital.' Ryan states before walking off to his patrol car.

.

Arriving at Grey-Sloan, Owen Hunt is waiting in the breezeway. The aid car doors open and DeLuca jumps out.

'DeLuca?' Owen asks, surprised. 'What happened?'

'This is Brooklyn Montgomery. She's seventeen. It appears she was on a run when she collapsed.' DeLuca states as they bring the gurney down. As they wheel Brooklyn into the ED, Travis informs Owen of her recent observation and the treatment that they have given her so far.

'She's my sister.' He adds once they've transferred her over to the bed.

'We'll take good care of her.' Owen reassures him. 'Dr DeLuca mentioned that she's in foster care.'

'I've tried contacting her foster parents but they're not picking up.' Travis nods. 'So I've left her social worker a message and I've given her foster parent's number to Officer Tanner.' His radio then foes off calling him away.

'We'll contact you if anything changes with her condition.' DeLuca smiles.

'Thank you.' Travis nods before running off. Owen rubs Brooklyn's sternum in an attempt to wake her up.

'Brooklyn, can you hear me?' He asks. No reply. He rubs her sternum again. 'Brooklyn?' This time, her eyes flutter open. 'Hi, Brooklyn.' Owen smiles. 'I'm Dr Hunt, but you can call me Owen. This is Dr DeLuca.'

'Call me Andrew.' DeLuca adds, he has now put his med coat on.

'How are you feeling?' Owen queries.