“Man I'm so jealous of you” she said to me.

“Well here” I said handing her a pen and pad “you can go take his order” I continued.

“Really?! OMG thanks!” she answered, grabbing the supplies and heading over towards Mr. Fangs. Oh yeah, that’s his name now. Mr. Fangs, the gorgeous raven black shaggy hair with silver eyes vampire.

Sending her over was a good idea, I mean he would never bite her in the middle of the day where everyone can see, and now I can avoid him!

Thankfully he left before the end of my shift which was at 9. Bored and too lazy to go patrolling I headed off to a bar near our house, remembering what Casper had said earlier about going to one. I pulled out my wallet and was about to get out my fake id when I heard the sound of a girl whimpering. Well that’s not right. I put my wallet back in my pocket and went to see where the sound came from.

Rikki’s Pov

I went to the stupid bar that Blaze told me about but there's nothing to do here! There are literally no hot guys whatsoever and I don’t feel like feeding.

Tired of waiting for something interesting to happen and headed outside. I immediately regretted the choice of going out the side door instead of the main one because as soon as I got out there blocking my exit was Demon. 

I was frozen in my spot, not able to move.

“Please don’t kill me” I whimpered as it got closer.

I saw the nasty grey fog oozing out from under the cape. This creature just made me its prey, and I don’t even know how it eats!

As the red eyes came closer to me I tried to force my body to work, just to move at all, but no. it refused to. Then it happened. Out of nowhere the demons head was detached from it body and all that was left of what he was is the fog around the area. Showing the beast is dead. 

Behind right where the demon was is now a girl, looking the same age as me, or at least as old as me when I was turned. She has the pole to a metal fence in her hands then she let it drop. Clanking the ground, making the sound echo throughout the alleyway.

“Th-Thank you” I stuttered. This…this human just saved my life, and I will forever be grateful. 

The girl just turned around and walked away muttering “stupid demons follow me everywhere”. What does she mean by that?

Realizing I was still standing in an alleyway alone I decided I should get home. I ran there, bursting through the front door once home. I needed comforting and to tell someone what just happened so I could get it off my mind. So I hugged the first person I saw, which just so happened to be Blaze, my least affectionate brother. 

I tackled him into a hug, wrapping my arms around his body I put my head into the crook of his neck and started crying. A vampire crying ‘what a joke’ he would say. But I act very much like a human girl. I'm very sensitive and I get scared at times and I need reassuring, I mean I am still a girl. 

He stiffened as soon as I hugged him, about to push me away but as soon as I started crying the sensitive protective side of him came out. 

His arms wrapped tightly around me and he spoke saying “Rikki, what’s wrong? What happened? Did someone hurt you?”

“Rikki?” I heard my brother Damon call

“What’s wrong with her?” Damon asked Blaze.

“I don’t know. She just walked in, jumped on me and started sobbing like a little baby” he’s such a jerk!

“I'm not a baby!” I yelled backing away from him, wiping the tears out of my eyes. 

“Then stop crying long enough to tell us what happened.” Blaze told me

I sighed and walked over to the couch, plopping down on it. Damon sat next to me and Blaze on the other side. At that same moment Mark, the youngest of my brothers but still older than me, came down with my dad, Jason.

“Hun, what’s wrong?” my dad asked me

“I'm only gonna tell this once so listen up” I said then started telling them everything that happened tonight. Starting from when I went to the bar to when I was saved by the human girl then came here.

After I was done my father spoke up “Damon I want you to find this girl, I want to meet her, see what she's really like”

Damon nodded and stood up “Rikki which bar was this? I need to track her sent” he asked turning to face me, his silver eyes gleaming towards me. Is that what my eyes look like because if that’s so then I have awesome eyes!

“Uh it’s the one at the end of street across from that strip mall. Spry I don’t know the name” I told him

“It’s alright I know which one you’re talking about” he told me turning around and walking out the front door of our mansion like house.