➳ kiss the girl

Start from the beginning

I sigh. "Fine, but we better get one million."

What did I just get myself into?

             ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

        Here I am, looking like a fool.

The cold breeze somehow makes it's way through my heavy winter jacket, sending shivers down my body. I grip myself tighter, trying my best to quit shaking. Besides the cold, I am shaking from nerves, too. Emily made me drive her to her house to change, and then ship out to a community college about fifteen minutes out of town.

Looking around, I can see pretty much the whole school unit. It isn't the best college, so the college only has one huge building. From a distance it looks like a high school, but being right in the middle of the front lawn, meshing with the many college students hastily moving to and fro to classes, it most certainly isn't.

There are more adults here than people my age, making my nerves shoot up all the more. When Emily gets an idea to mind, she will complete it, with or without me. And the mere thought of her kissing some older stranger makes me uncomfortable, so I would rather kiss someone than have her.

"Let me find someone who isn't over the age thirty," Emily says, not even hiding her amusement.

I scoff. "Yeah, okay. Good luck with that one."

The moment my eyes roll around, the impossible happens. Stumbling out of the front doors comes out a long legged red-head, who doesn't look a day over twenty. The wind picks up her hair, along with the front of her dress, causing her naked pale arms to hold it down. She is gorgeous, no doubt about that, but no wonder she is in a college like this. What idiot wears a dress with no sleeves in the middle of winter?

Emily seems to have taken notice of the girl, too, and laughs at her. "I bet she would love to kiss strangers. She seems like that type."

I turn towards Emily, giving her a watchful gaze.

She raises her arms up in the air. "Sorry, sorry, that was mean. Now, do you want me to kiss her or shall you prince charming?"

I inhale a shaky breathe, looking from Emily to the approaching girl.

Any guy would say I am stupid for not automatically jumping at the chance of kissing this girl. The closer she gets, the prettier she gets. I can finally see her eye color, and they are a dark brown. She must of felt my staring, because she looks in my direction, our eyes meeting.

Meanwhile Emily is placing the ring pop in my hand and holding up the camera.

This makes the red-head's eyes scrunch in confusion, and only more so when I take a few hesitant steps towards her.

Emily had me go through the steps for doing the video, and she said step one is to drop the ring pop not-so-coincidentally in front of the target. I would then go and pick it up, but only stay on one knee and open up the ring pop, asking the girl to marry me. If it doesn't go wrong, the girl will say yes, and I have to motion her for a kiss. 

Or at least that is what Emily planned. Me, on the other hand, had a different idea. Instead of the whole ring pop crap, I would pull the girl privately and tell her about the video. I will explain that it is strictly platonic, and if she doesn't want her face shown out to the public, we will for sure blur it out.

So, going with my idea, I awkwardly hold my hand out in a wave. I can hear Emily's unhappy groan behind me, making the big smile on my face break a little.

"Uh, hi." I smile towards the girl. She stops walking, and is left to hold herself down in the chilling cold because of me. Her teethe are chattering, and goosebumps are covering her arms, making my nerves shoot out the window.

"Look, you need to get inside, it is freezing." I even go as far to shaking off my winter coat, leaving myself to fight the cold with a undershirt and sweater.

Her brown eyes widen a bit, obviously taken aback by my forwardness. She even stands there, contemplating to take my jacket, but eventually does so after a harsh gust of wind.

"Thanks. . ." she mumbles.

She gently takes my jacket out of my hands, and expertly puts it on without letting her dress skirt pop up. I turn around to catch a view of Emily, and she looks as confused as the red-head. Turning back to the girl, I motion her to head back inside with me. She follows without hesitation.

If she was planning on going to her car, the parking lots are on the other side of the school. She would of had to endure the cold like that for a long time, and even the shyest of guys can't let a damsel in distress go off.

Once we make it to the front doors, I open a door up for her, and the heat radiates from inside. She takes my gesture graciously, giving a toothy grin, displaying her pearly white teethe. It makes me do a double take.

I follow pursuit behind her, and let the door shut behind us. The heat envelopes me and I let out a heavy breath, rubbing at my face with my hands. I get totally minded on de-freezing myself, when a feminine, light voice brings me back as to why I am inside and not outside, kissing some stranger.

"Yeah, I am not from here. . ." the girls says with a sheepish smile. "I am only here for an internship. This morning it wasn't cold at all, so I thought going out in a dress would be okay. Thank you for your jacket, though. Glad to see New Yorkers aren't all interested in themselves."

Her brown eyes are on my blue ones, making the heat overwhelming on my face.

Just talk to her like she is Emily. . .

She is Emily, Noah. . .

. . . but she is prettier than Emily. . .

My thoughts aren't exactly help with my blushing state, but I do say something, "it was no problem."

We stare at each other, completely tight lipped and quiet, unknowing of what to say next. After a good thirty seconds of awkward silence, she slinks off my jackets and holds it out towards me.

I shake my head. "You still need to get to your car, or where ever you are going, so, er, keep it, I guess."

My mom might be furious with me for giving my jacket away, but it is not like this is not a good cause. The girl is obviously not used to the cold; an example for sure being her dress attire.

Now it is her turn to shake her head. "No way. This is your jacket, and it feels and looks expensive."

Her top teethe appear over her bottom lip, and for a second I can not help but stare at her lips. Thankfully Emily comes storming inside, because if she had not she might of just missed me kissing this girl. . . this stranger.

"What the hell, Noah?" she asks, annoyance running through her voice.

My eyes retract from the girl to my girl, Emily. Her face has frustration written all over it: her cute scrunched up nose, furrowed brows, and a thin lipped expression.

Emily holds up her camera, shaking it. "What happened to our plan?"

She means her plan. I did not get one word in on the whole idea of the video, besides my inevitable agreement to go along with the premise.

She wants a kiss, fine. I will give Emily her kiss then. 

_________________________

A/N: Hehe, left it on a cliff hanger! Don't hate me too much, guys. Also, what do you guys think about the red-head? She is played by the lovely Holland Roden, and is in the gif to the side. She is definitely me, because I live in the south and when I go up in the north, I will be in a dress when it feels cool, and by the end of the night and I leave, it is freezing outside. Please vote, comment, and don't forget to fan!

Update next Sunday, but an early update if you guys reach 200 votes and 120 comments!