"Hello!" she greeted Prem again.

"Hi!" he greeted back.

"Lets go Prem! Now, fresh up yourselves get, ready for the dinner! You know, how Dadaji reacts if you're late!" the old woman dragged him upstairs.

"Lets, go maa!" Prem followed her before tenderly taking her hand and kissing the top of it.

Maanvi's eyes widened.What just happened? How could he do that? Freaking citizen of USA! She would kill him for doing that, really!

Looking around, Maanvi let out a sigh of relief.'Thank god! Beeji isn't around! Or she'd make a fuss out of this! Prem! You're so dead! I'll let you know, I'm not one of the girls from your US!"
She shook her head before climbing the stairs.

~~~A moment earlier

Virat walked into the hall, looking for Prem.As expected, he was talking to Maanvi.He was amazed to see her there, talking animatedly, smiling at his remarks.He couldn't quite hear their conversation, but it felt as if they were engaged in a fun conversation.Maanvi was looking really happy there, as she shook his(Prem's) hand.An odd feeling arose in his chest, one which he never felt before.He certainly didn't want to admit it.But, he didn't like the way she was talking with a stranger.He had come to inform Prem, Viren wanted to talk with him.But, Prem was clearly in no mood for that.He shook his head, what was wrong with him? Prem was really good guy. What if he wished to talk with Maanvi? Perhaps, he was trying to get to know the dulhan's sister, before meeting bhabhi. Yes, that was it.

"Virat! Zara yahaan aao beta! dekho kaun aaya hai?"

He looked up to spot his mother who now stood next to Prem, smiling widely.

He started walking towards the duo but stopped dead in tracks watching Prem tenderly taking her hand and kissing the top of it.

Prem was just- Anger bubbled up inside him.Prem could do such mean things! Why couldn't he see, he was no more staying in the US? Dadaji would never tolerate his behaviour.It wasn't Maanvi's fault either, poor Prem must have been habituated to the atmosphere in the US.He certainly needed to talk, but later.He muttered something before taking the stairs.

~~~

Next morning~~

Maanvi yawned, someone was banging her door.She draped the blanket around her ears, cursing slightly.

"Kaun, hai.." she croaked in a strained whisper.

The person was being persistent.The banging continued.The sound wasn't that loud, but was loud enough to wake up the person inside.

Maanvi got up at once.She didn't want her di to wake up, it was too early in the morning, to get up.

'Kaun ho saktha hai..' she walked to the door and opened it cautiously.

The corridor was dimly lit.It was half past five in the morning and she had to rub her eyes to spot things correctly.She was about to shut the door after finding no one, when her eyes fell on the little package lying on the floor.

She opened the package and was amazed to find a bunch of yellow roses inside.A tiny note was tied to it.She shut the door, silently, pushing the bunch under her bed and began reading the note by her lamp side.

'Hello!

Aap ka gussa hona jaayez hai! I mean, mujhe aisa barthaav nahi karnaa chahiye.I was here with my friend to enjoy this wedding.Puja, Atul, Shekar..and me.Puja says, I dunno how to talk to a girl.She was right and I messed up things.I know, its rude to wake you up but, I wanna say..I'M SORRY! So, very sorry,Maanvi ji.Please 4give me, if you can.
Maa, toh humesha yahi kehthi hai ki..jab galthi ki ho, toh sacche dill se maafi maangna chahiye.I did that, if you forgive me, may be - we could be good friends.If you don't, I'll never disturb you again.