Epilogue - One Year Later

The sun beat down on the large crowd in the square as the group of people on top of the platform sat watching the people below. “Hey Kelsi, Estelle, where’s Patrick?” Mimmi inquired. “Oh, here he comes!” Tera replied as Patrick and Ari danced out from behind the chairs. “Your robot is messing mine up!” Frederick joked, taking Mimmi’s hand. “Hey, it’s not our fault.” Kelsi said with a shrug while she stroked the small white dog in her arms. “At least Luna is a good girl.” “So, I heard they finally delivered her sentence last week.” Estelle mentioned. “What’d she get?” Mimmi asked. “She’s got two life sentences with no possibility of release.” Estelle answered. “I hope she dries up in there.” Kelsi added.

“Hey, you dancers had better get down here. It’s almost time for the performance.” One of the new robots informed them. “Thanks, we’ll be right down.” Tera said. Mimmi kissed Frederick on the forehead and left with the others for the main stage. King Marcos stepped on while the dancers assembled. “Welcome, all of you, and thank you for coming to the re-establishing of the Royal Dance Teams. I’d like to welcome the Swan choreographer and the new officer in charge of the Royal Dance Teams, Kimbra Monet.” The crowd cheered as the young woman took the stage. “First and foremost, let’s have a moment of silence to remember those who were lost in this past struggle.”

Everyone bowed their heads, and Mimmi thought of everyone who she knew was gone. Kira, Stasia, Clay, Stasia’s friend from years before, and all the others who she’d never met. All of them entered her thoughts before Kimbra spoke again. “Now, I present to you the newly liberated Hummingbirds and Swans.” The crowd cheered once more as the two teams filed onto the stage and looked out across the crowd. Mimmi smiled at them, almost laughing with joy. This smile was not forced on her by threats of death, but it was a genuine, joyful, dancer’s smile. As the music began, Mimmi clogged like she never had before, and she felt as if she were truly free.

THE END

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, guys!

Thank you for reading, and I hope you've enjoyed it. (Sorry the ending took awhile, been busy all weekend) Make sure to vote and comment if you liked it!