Fire Fight

Third Person POV

Officer Grayson steadily drove the patrol car down the street. Doing another night shift. He doesn't like these- it cuts Nightwing time- but he has to sometimes.

He was pulled out of his annoyed thoughts by the sound of his radio going off.

"Dispatch, we've gotta apartment fire on Ana Road. Fire fighters on scene, but requesting back up. Civilians still inside, we need more area control."

Grayson picked up the radio mic and proceeded to say, "I'm in your area, Officer Smith, I'll be there soon."

"Ten four." Came the short reply.

---

Officer Grayson got put of his patrol car, looking at what was before him. The apartment building was five stories, and it was a bad.

It was all ablaze expect the fifth level, which wont matter if the building falls. It's defiantly got smoke damage, lots of it.

He looked over to see a officer helping a soot covered civilian. He jogged over to the two.

"Is anyone else still inside?"

"I don't know. The vigilante Red Hood from Gotham came in three minutes ago. Hasn't come out though." The other officer replied, only glancing up once before going back to the civilian.

"Great." He muttered. He turned back to watch the burning building.

"Please!" He heard a woman call. He looked over to see a lady struggling agasint another cop.

"My baby's still in there!" She screamed.

He resisted the urge to sigh, and instead ran toward the apartment door- which was off it's hinges-, ignoring the calls of his fellow officers.

He's done this alot, so much they should expect it by now.

He covers his mouth and nose with his hand, and crouchs down low to avoid smoke, but still able to run.

Officer Grayson made his way through the building. He passes by apartment rooms, calling for anyone who may still be inside the building.

"Hey-" he coughed twice. "Anyone still in here!?"

He listen for a minute, trying to hear past crackling flames and focus past the heat.

"Help!" A small voice replied.

"I'm in here!" It said again.

Officer Grayson, using some skills he gets from being Nightwing, located the voice, seeming to come from the room to his left.

The door was already busted down, so he ran in, keeping low as he could.

He spotted a little girl- seven or eight- sitting beside a figure on the floor.

Red Hood

Officer Grayson didn't waste time. He grabbed Red Hood, and put the blacked anti-heros arm over his shoulder.

"Follow me!" He ordered the girl. He ran- best he could- out of the room and headed down the flight of stairs. Dragging Hood with him, which wasn't hard for him, a secret hero.

The girl followed after him, not wanting to be left behind. Reaching the end of the stairs, Officer Grayson made his way out the door, and outside, girl behind him.

---

Officer Graysons POV

I had laid Red Hood in the grass, at the side of the parking lot in the midst of the confusion.

And now, im sitting at a ambulance, getting burns treated that i hadn't noticed due to my pain tolerance. I didn't argue though, I need to keep some cover.

One things for sure.

Jason owes me.

It took me longer than I would like to admit to make this chapter. It was annoying for some reason. Couldn't figure out where I wanted to go or how to play it.

This time I'm to lazy to proof read, so if there are any mistakes...........

Oops.

Anyways.

Any requests or ideas? Comment!

~Legendary