Chapter 3

"He's gone isn't he? That was him leaving."

"I thought I told you to stay under the floorboards for at least five minutes after he'd left, what if he'd forgotten something of chickened out at the last second, y-you know what he's like."

"I know but he's a grown boy now, a man after today.. surely my presence around the house wouldn't hurt him now, I mean, and not to sound at all harsh or provoking but I'm sure that by now a boy, man, with his developed nature would have forgotten about her by now."

"NO..no, he's not like other boys, he's immature, prefers the company of other non - living things, he's -"

"-Different."

"Yes...different."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"....Thale!"

"Thale?"

"Thale. I get a sort of Thale vibe from you y'know. Thaleee."

"Heh, yeah."

"Oh my, now would you look at that! ma lunch break is almost over and ai still need to visit about eight other stores. Well, Thale it was lovely to meet ya' and I look forward to our next meeting.Until next time partner."

With that the woman gave Thale one last glimpse of her pearl smile showing glints of cosmic purples, pinks, yellows and greens of the supernova 'Titan'  that lingered outside the liveable zone around mars and that now reflected on the eyes of the stranger and then she was gone. Gone without a trace. Gone without his last goodbye.  

Moments passed in which he tried piecing together how she disappeared into thin air, not once taking the time to end his testosterone filled mind mapping and wonder weather she was in fact real only stopping to mutter a love struck and rather  triumphant repetition of his name, "Thale "which, due to his incompetent and cliché stroke of bad luck that through his life knew exactly when to show up, caught the wandering attention of the stranger who, after a suspiciously prolonged absence, waltzed back into the open workshop.

"Who the fucks Thale"

"Huh, oh that's me, I'm Thale."