6 He stole my breath away

Comenzar desde el principio

"So, Theo, tell me about yourself?" I asked curiously.

"Hmm, well, I'm a lawyer in our firm, twenty-eight years old and ... Single."  He added with a smile and a wink.  "And you?"

"I'm twenty-five and currently on the stage of very complicated divorce with an asshole of a husband and no need for another one."

"Interesting,"  He mumbled into his cup of coffee. "So I have no chances if I ask you to go out with me?"

"Sorry my friend." I shook my head.

"Ouch, now I'm in the friend zone. That was quick."

I laughed at his fake hurt and poor actor abilities. I really liked Theo, he's handsome, funny, charming and rich. I was playing with an idea to go out with him. It was a long time ago that I had a date and a good time. But still, I was hesitant to see someone before my divorce will end.

The time with Theo flew very quickly and I enjoyed it, maybe even too much.

"Oh, fuck!" I cried when I glanced at my watch, "Fuck I'm late! Mrs. Brock will burn me alive."

"Now you're being too dramatic." He tried to calm me.

"Am I? I won't be so sure about it. That woman is scary. And I will blame you!"

"No, you can't do this! What if she comes for me?" He yelped in a fake frightening tone with his eyes wide open. Yeah, totally poor actor skills.

"Stop being so childish and hurry up!" I yelled at him already on my way out of the cafe.

I run into my office like a madwoman. Mrs. Brock was nowhere to be seen and I quickly took my place behind my desk, hoping that she didn't notice my tardiness.

"It's your job to be on time, Mrs. Price!" Fuck, this was just my luck. "If this is too difficult for you, you can search for the job elsewhere, we won't be holding you."

"Sorry Mrs. Brock, it won't happen again." I smiled apologetically at her hoping to soften her a little. But this piece of... Stone can't be softened.

She threw a file on my table and went to her desk.

"Um, Mrs. Brock, what do I have to do with this?" I asked her looking through the thick stack of papers.

"You would know, if you were at your workplace on time." She pointed out again with that arrogant sarcastic voice.

I suppressed the urge to strangle her with my bare hands and instead just rolled my eyes and took a deep breath. 'You need this job, you need this job'.

"Please, Mrs. Brock it won't happen again."

"I really doubt so. You have to write contracts for these deals in the folder, everything you'll need is in that file on your table."

Oook, I can do that.

"And it has to be finished by tomorrow morning." She added callously.

"What?" I looked at her like she was insane, and probably she was, but what a fuck, there's no way in hell someone can do this till tomorrow.

"Do I have to repeat myself?" She was instigating me to deprecate.

'I need this job, I need this job'
"No" I mumbled and started working.

It was long after my work hours and I was still at my work. Admirable I would say, never thought I was such a workaholic.

"Mrs. Elizabeth, what are you still doing here?" Rich, velvet baritone startled me and I squeaked loudly.