Finals Week

I studied so hard for finals! What's great about it is that right after, I'll be coming home to visit my family. I know we're creepy, mysterious, and spooky, but we can be your dream family. I'm the oldest child of Gomez and Morticia Addams. I get to play with Wednesday and Pugsley, help Lurch out around the house, or joke around with Uncle Fester and Grandmama.

It was the last day of college. I'm talking with my best friend in the lounging area of our dorm building.

"Whew, I can't wait any longer Gabs," Penny said.

"College is almost over and off to vacation we go for a couple months."

"I get to go home to see my little girl and my grandma."

"You live with your grandmama?"

"Yeah, my parents died when I was very small."

"Oh Pen, you're lucky to have somebody to take care of you."

"I am lucky."

Then, a girl walked to us.

"Ah Gothiella Gabriella, good to see you."

It was the college snob, Grace.

"Good to see your ugly face again Miss. Grace Disgrace."

Penny laughed under her breath.

"What did you call me?"

"Why? Need your hearing checked?"

"Listen Goth Girl-"

I got up, grabbed her wrist and twisted it lightly but not too much to break it.

"I'm not goth, I don't wear all black. Even if I was, you have no right to tease, it's very rude, you be a good little girl and leave us alone so we can enjoy the last day of college disgrace free."

She just walked away.

"Wow, that was cool."

"All Addams minds think alike. Like Father always says, fight fire with fire. Meaning give them a taste of their own medicine."

Penny nodded.

We were in my math class finishing a final, last final of the semester. I'm studying to be a teacher by the way. Education major, requires mostly general classes. Just one more math question to go. Ok, here goes. Aw Calculus, Algebra's grumpy brother. Yeah, got some Uncle Fester in me. Second step, sometimes it's so hard, I should know everything academically like Father but nobody's perfect. Third step, got the second one down, just one more step. Got it! I turned it in to the professor. I sat back down quietly and waited. I looked up at the clock, another hour. I rolled my eyes, something Father does when he's annoyed. I am my father's daughter, I'm smart, charming, and eccentric.

"For those of you who are finished and sitting quietly, you can go ahead and leave early. No sense in doing nothing for an hour," my professor said.

I ran out of the room jumping for joy.

"Gabs, wait for me!" Penny said as she followed.