Read me a story

MADDIE POV

The days past quickly and I visited Nate everyday, The hospital kept him for another week and today he was going home, It would be sad obviously but it was gonna happen one day and it just happened to be today, I walked along the hallways watching as the occasional bed went past, He was now in a communal room with other teens around his age, When I got there he was reading a book, as I got closer I saw the title....

"LIttle Bear in the wood? Really Nate?" I laugh as I see the smile appear on his face.

"Hey! What have you got against Bear, I think you'll find he is very..nice and can teach you a lot, You know I never knew a bear could get stuck I'm a tree so many times" He says.

"of course, So educational" I say sarcastically.

"Hey Maddie" He pauses

"Yeah"

"Read to me" He says sweetly holding up the book.

"You want me to read Little bear to you?" He nods,"Fine" I laugh shaking my head and he grins widely.

"Little bear was wandering in the wood and thought to himself, Oh bother, He hadn't any Honey at home, What could he do?... Aha, He could go ask his best friend Pog, He plodded along watching the birds in the trees, He finally found pogs house, "Oh Pog!" He called ringing the bell, No answer, Strange, Oh well, He could always go talk to eevie, He walked along down to the river to find eevie, That was strange Eevie wasn't here, Oh Well, He could always go talk to Konga, He left the riverbank and went to Konga and Russ's house, He knocked on the door, That's strange, No answer again, Oh well, Thought Bear, He could always go tall to Ostrich, He went to Ostrich's house and climbed around the tree and tapped on the door, No answer again, Oh Well"

"This books a little repetitive" I say frowning.

"Shh, I want to know what happens" He smirks and I roll my eyes.

"He could always go talk to Rodent, He went along to rodents house through the vegetable garden and knocked on the door trying not to step on the sign that said, DON'T STEP ON THE CABBAGES...OR THE SIGNS, He tapped a little tune on the door and Still no answer, Bear was sad. He had been out all day, His friends weren't about and worst of all...He still had no honey" Nate gasped making me jump so I hit his arm.

"Ow, Injured" He whined motioning to himself,"Carry on then" He adds and I narrow my eyes at him.

"He walked along in the  wood, He couldn't go to Christine Ropher's as she'd be at school, So he headed home, Thinking sad thoughts. Once he got to his own house he opened the door and-"

"Nathan Pritchard?" A nurse with a clipboard (She must be important, She had a clipboard) Said and we called her over," Right you'll be pleased to know you can now go home, We've finished the paper work and you can leave as soon as you want, Have a good day" She said and walked off getting a glass of water for another patient.

"You can go" I Say happily.

"I can go"

"Yes you can" I laugh, He gets off the bed carefully and goes to grab his bag but I gets there first, "Nuh uh Mister, You have to rest and be careful, No carrying heavy stuff" I say sternly.

"But.."

"No buts, C'mon" I usher him out and we head to my car.

"Sorry Mom" He pouts and I flick his head.