The Everlasting Flower (Levi x Petra / Rivetra)

This is a Rivetra fan fiction, heavily inspired by the song Tokohana by Yanagi Nagi. (God, I’m such a fan of this singer TuT) I’m listening to this song for like… idk… 600 loops already since last month? AHAHAHA oh shit XD

Since a lot of you were asking me if I’d still write another fan fiction, here it is! Thought it’s a one shot XD

 Each paragraph I guess, or, each specific part, goes along with the meaning of the song XD You’ll see it… later XD I crammed this… I am so sorry QAQ

--------- 

They roam inside the woods, trying to annihilate every titan at sight. A girl, with short ginger hair and amber colored eyes flew with her 3-D Maneuver Gear, as she chased her target. As soon as she got hold of the titan, she immediately sliced off its nape, causing its own death as it falls to the ground as its body evaporates. This was her first titan kill, and as well, as the first expedition she attended in.

The young girl continued to search for another target to kill; however, before she can do so, she witnessed a comrade being devoured by it as the scream of this certain person resonated within the woods. Sometimes, she would think… have they spoken to each other? Have they crossed paths? Were they friends at one point? Who knows?

Having that thought, she suddenly stood frozen on her feet, unable to move. She gave up all of the sudden. Was this something she has to witness all over again?

As soon as she had that thought, she had to reload her blades again since the edge isn’t good for slicing anymore. But before she would do so, the reflection on her blade showed something terrifying. She looked back to see if what she witnessed was real and she saw one of these humongous monsters staring at her as it wore a smirk.

“It’s the end… right??” Dread and terror filled her body, and she stood frozen on her legs that she fell down on her knees… she didn’t know what to do anymore, let alone stare at the beast that was about to devour her.

The petite woman closed her eyes. A few seconds passed, she expected her life to end, however, someone rushed in the field to save her life. A man with straight black hair, styled in an undercut charged at the titan that was about to devour her. It was obviously the Lance Corporal Levi, Humanity's Strongest Soldier. She looked at his expressions to how he dealt with the titan. It wasn’t a face filled with rage, but it was emotionless. His face was blank, and it’s clear that he’s been through a lot with that expression.

Of course, she stared at him in awe. The man went near her and offered his hand. “Are you okay?” He asked. She shoved it and stood up on her own as she dusted herself.

“I’m fine.” She says. “Thanks for asking.”

“Let’s leave. Erwin commanded everyone to gather outside of this forest. After that, we head back to the walls.” He instructed. “How many of our comrades did you see get their own life taken away by the titans?”

She simply bowed her head down. And remembered the one she saw got killed. The one who got her legs frozen in the ground. “One…” She vaguely answered.

The man simply looked at her. “This is going to be… a never ending chain of deaths you will see. It will grow longer as the time passes. We have no time to mourn over the loss of a life. It is unavoidable. Surely, there is going to be a time, where I will get to bite death… but that time isn’t now. I am sure, this isn’t your time as well.”

“Well… you saved me.” She answered. “That’s why I somehow avoided the fate I was about to face.”

“It’s because as much as possible… I don’t want to see anyone get killed anymore.” He says as he immediately renewed his expression. It was an expression filled with dread. “May I ask what your name is?”