Chapter 12: I'm A Sucker For You

Start from the beginning

She shakes her head. "What were you supposed to do? Let Axel waste his life away hiding in his room? You got both him and your mom out of a bad situation."

I don't completely agree with her but arguing isn't something I want to do now, so I force a smile.

"Did you want to get breakfast?"

She looks frustrated at my change of topic but agrees. We head out to our favourite breakfast spot and when we're getting served, my phone buzzes. I look to see a text from Tyler.

Tyler: can I take you out tonight?

"Ty?"

I look up to see Maddie smirking and I blush, nodding.

Me: Sure :)

Tyler: great. pick you up at 7 :)

"So, what happened between you two?" Madilyn asks, sipping on her water. "a few weeks ago you hated him and now you're... well, sleeping with him. You seemed to have forgiven him."

"I don't forgive him completely." I object. "and I didn't hate him. But he was an asshole and there's no excuse for that but..."

"You want to forgive him." Maddie says and I nod.

"I know he can be better but I need him to prove that I can trust him. That he won't just go do exactly what he did before."

"That's fair." She says and I feel relieved that she agrees instead of thinking I am being crazy because I'm beginning to worry I might be.

Then she smiles. "Enough about Tyler. Catch me up on what's been happening."

So I dive into what happened while I was in Montreal. I note that she doesn't have much to say about Axel going back to school. In fact, she doesn't look surprised at all and I wonder if she somehow knew but I don't know who would have told her so I brush it off.

It's not my place but I slip up and tell her that Jaxon's girlfriend is pregnant. That, she is shocked about but promises to keep quiet about it until Jaxon decides to tell everybody. I don't know when or if he is going to tell anybody but I am looking forward to everyone's reaction.

At least people will have something to gossip about instead of what is going on with my life.

It is seven o'clock on the dot when Tyler knocks on my hotel door. Maddie offered for me to stay with her but I know she's trying to work things out with Elliot so I tell her I will be alright in the hotel room until I find an apartment. The suites at this hotel are similar to apartments anyway so it's not a big deal staying here for a couple weeks.

He's wearing a suit when I open the door and I'm glad I opted for a nice dress instead of jeans and a top. He didn't tell me where he is taking me so I was completely lost as to what to wear.

There's a bouquet of carnation flowers in his hand and I grin.

"No daises?"

He shrugs. "It seemed like daisies were becoming an apology flower. This is a fresh start."

I try not to melt and open the door wider. "Come in, I'll put those in a vase and then we can leave."

He follows me in the room and I watch him look around until his eyes land back on me.

"You can stay at my place." He says, ignoring the pointed look I give him. "C'mon Daisy. Are you really just going to live here? I have the extra room."