Lillith's Father: Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty:

I smiled as I watched Fred make a sandwich, seeming to have a tough time doing it with magic as his mother had done so often.  He'd finally decided after several tries, to just make it by hand.  The walls of Mrs. Weasley's kitchen was decorated with mustard as well as a few great splotches on Fred's used-to-be-pure-white shirt.

I was also pretty sure that I had at least a few marks of yellow on my face.  

If there was one thing that could be said about Fred Weasley, it was that he definitely wasn't a house wife type of guy.  If our relationship ever progressed to us moving in together, then I knew I would be cooking and cleaning.  I also knew that I would need to ask Mrs. Weasley what spells she used.  

Not that I had a wand, I realized with a grimace. I never asked for my wand, and I still had no idea who had it in their possession.  It had to be either Voldemort and his Death Eaters, Dumbledore or my father.  Was it possible to get a new wand if yours had been stolen?  Or was I doomed forever to be without magic?  

I nibbled my bottom lip as those questions flew in and out and back into my mind, watching as Fred made the last sandwich and tucked them into a bag that was hooked on his shoulder.  

"You ready, Lily?"  

I smiled, pushing my questions and worries to the back of my mind and nodding towards him.  I couldn't think of that now. I had a picnic date with my boyfriend.  

I knew that the only reason he was taking me out on this 'picnic date' as he demanded I call it, was because he had things that he felt he needed to talk to me about.  Maybe he wanted to get my mind off of everything that had happened. Maybe he had questions he needed to ask.  If he was trying to take my mind off of everything, in all honesty he was doing a rather good job. 

My mind had strayed to my wand, but otherwise I had been focusing on the horrific mess he was making as he tried to make us lunch.  

Standing up, I walked with Fred out of his mothers home and into the yard, following beside him as he held the back of sandwiches and fruit and sweets at his side.  His red hair blew in the breeze as he looked down at me before clasping his hand around my own.

 I smiled, looking down at the ground as I thought about just how truly lucky I was.  I had Fred, who had been working so hard all morning to keep my mind off of everything that had been going on.  I had George, who yesterday had done the same thing.  They'd been switching days, so that I was never alone, even if it meant that only two people (instead of the usual three) ran Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, Lee Jordan being one of those, of course.

I had Mrs. Weasley, who insisted I call her Molly.  She made sure I was never hungry and I put on all the weight, plus a tiny bit extra that I had lost, she took me shopping and paid for me to get new clothes.  I had Mr. Weasley too, who went to extra lengths to make me laugh and feel welcome in their home.

Starting tomorrow, I'd even have Ron and Ginny too.  Though Ginny and I didn't talk much, I'd enjoy some female company of my own age, and Ron would be able to tell me all about what I'd missed. I hadn't been able to write them like I'd wanted, Molly had explained how the owls were being intercepted by Death Eaters and I knew I couldn't risk my own being caught. 

I gasped as my feet tripped over a branch that had fallen from a tree not too far away, my hands instinctually grabbing onto Fred tightly to keep myself from falling over, yet even as I grabbed him, I continued to fall until I hit the ground with a loud thump.  

Groaning, I looked towards Fred, seeing his confused eyes as I apologizing.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to pull you down with me!"  

Fred chuckled as he picked himself up and then held his hand down to me, and pulled me up with him.  

"Are you okay?"

I nodded and checked him over to make sure he was alright also.  I dusted myself off and smiled as Fred chuckled slightly and we continued on our way to wherever Fred Weasley was taking us for our 'date'.

As he took out the sandwiches he'd gone through so much trouble to make, I grimaced guiltily.  They were smooshed, the bread sliding off of the meat and cheese, mustard all over the tops and sides of the bread too.  I knew it was because he'd fallen on the bag when I had taken him down with me as a tripped.

"Whoops?"

*_*_*_*

I stared at the empty room that I sat in, it had once belonged to Molly's son Percy but he moved out on his own not that long ago, having found a job at the Ministry of Magic.  The walls were bare and a dull tan color and the entire room honestly smelled slightly like mildew.  

But I didn't mind.

Because Mrs. Weasley had told me that it was my room.  My very own room. It wasn't the prettiest  or the best decorated but it was mine.  I hadn't had my own room since I was twelve and had ran away.  It was.. nice.  Quiet and calm.  

Or was, until Ron Weasley came barreling through the door, his eyes upset and almost slightly wild. 

"What's wrong?"  

"Dumbledore's dead."  My heart seemed to stop beating for several seconds before almost imploding in my chest.  I stared at Ron even as Fred came into the room, his eyes serious as he watched his brother and I talking.  

"What? When?  How?" 

"Snape did it."

No, my mind pleaded.  No, he's lying. Dont listen to him.  No!  I thought of the same man who had found me walking the streets. He had talked me into coming to Hogwarts with the promise of making friends.  He sat in the Great Hall at supper every night and I just.. I couldn't imagine Hogwarts without him.

What would happen to Hogwarts now?  Who would be the new Headmaster or Headmistress?  

Then all of what Ron said hit me like a swift punch in the gut.  

"My father wouldn't do something like that!  You're lying!"  I pushed Ron off of my bed as I stood over him, fist clenched and my face turning red from anger.  I was about to lean down and punch him as Fred wrapped his arms around me, holding me in place.  

"He's not lying, Lillith.  I promise you."

I sagged against Fred and cried into his shoulder.  Please tell me he's lying, my mind begged of me, but I shook my head against Fred, knowing that I couldn't do it.  My father killed a man.  

Another person close to my heart had died, and this time it couldn't be blamed on Voldemort and his Death Eaters, because it was someone even closer to my heart who had done it..

How could you do this, father?

[[A/N: You guys are going to hate me.. because BAM. This is the last chapter of Lillith's Father.   This book is over and completed.  I know this seems like a really bad place to end a story, and I gave you guys no warning that it was over, but it is.  It's over.  Poor Lillith you guys :c  The next (and last) story in this little trilogy is out and can be found on my profile, it's called Lily Snape, I hope you guys check it out and enjoy it <3 ]]