Janice's Story

Janice climbed out of the taxi, taking in her surroundings. New York. A grin stretched across her face. She had made it. She was away from from her ‘peers’. They said she was destined for the local drive thru. She wasn’t like Lillian, or Tamara. Or Max. But they were stuck at home. She had made it out of there. She was here. She had gotten here on a lucky break. An old friend had called her up, talking about some room in her apartment. She was first on the list. And now, she was here.

“Janey!” a familiar voice called. Spinning on her heel, she turned and faced her friend Harriet. She dropped her bags and darted to the ginger. The taxi man shook his head, muttering something about kids and their crazy antics. Janice didn’t care one bit what anyone thought.

“HARRY! I am so happy to see you! It has been two whole years! THAT IS TOO LONG!” she screamed, earning well deserved looks from strangers. Her friend laughed at her.

“Let us go, weird one.” Harriet told her, walking towards the aggravated taxi man.

“I’m not with them!” he yelled at the bustling crowds. Scooping up Janice’s luggage, they headed off to the apartment. To their new life.

A/N: Not lesbo lovers. Just friends! :) More one their way!

~Jane Doe