1: i can take you to topanga

Start from the beginning

she stared at me like she wanted to say something, but she ain't have a comeback.

just like i thought.

"you need to get a job, how about that?"

"i'm twelve, mom."

"well i'll find a summer camp or something to put you in, because you need to do something," she insisted.

"but why?" i whined. at this point i just wanted my phone back.

"because i said so. summer camp will be perfect for you. maybe your bighead ass will even make a couple of friends, as long as you don't terrorize them like you do to everybody," she continued.

i took personal offense to that. my head not big.

"but-" i tried to protest, but i was cut off.

"conversation over. ima look for an overnight summer camp to enroll you in tomorrow, so your best bet to start packing," she ordered. "i"m not changing my mind."

"can i at least have my phone back for the time before you ship me off to military school." i replied

"you're going to summer camp, not millitary school, but that doesn't sound like a bad idea, your bad ass could use it," she snarked at me.

"but can i have my phone-"

"this what i'm talking about, y'all young people are addicted to y'all phones. maybe by going to this camp you'll learn how to have fun with other people and play outside like kids are supposed to do instead of feening for that damn phone," she snapped, before turning around and going up to her room.

so i guess that's a no, huh.

-

a couple of hours after my mom ranted to me about going to camp or whatever, i began to pack for what i would need to bring to camp.

clothes: ✅ being naked in public is illegal, apparently.

lotion: ✅ being in the woods 24/7 will probably make you ashy.

a knife: ✅ for positivity purposes. also, for fruit.

swimming trunks: ✅ not that i'm gonna swim in that nasty ass murky ass e coli having ass water anyway. camp water is only 1 step above swamp water, i'll pass.

soap: ✅ you got me fucked up if you think ima share soap with a bunch of other niggas.

condoms: ✅ so i can make condom balloons when i get bored duh.

what, did y'all think i was going to be fucking? i'm 12, what kind of r kelly ass hoes wants to see a 12 year old get his booty took? my balls aint even dropped yet.

i continued to make a mental list of things i would need as i continued to pack my belongings away into a heavy leather suitcase, while i overheard my mother having a conversation with someone.

the walls were thin, so i pressed my ear to the wall while she talked.

"yeah, you can come over in a couple of days baby," she purred, to who i was assuming was some nigga.

"yeah, yeah, i'm sending jahseh bighead ass to summer camp for a few weeks so we gon have the house all to ourselves. i was tired of having to leave - our neighbor threatened to report me to cps if i kept leaving him overnight, and i can't send him to his daddy house right now, so i'm trying to find a camp to send him to...." she trailed off, and i frowned at what i heard.

i mean, i wasn't really surprised. i really think that my mom would sell me if it meant spending more time with her dick supply, but it still kinda hurt that she was basically shipping me away just so she could spend more time with some nigga.

i mean, that explains why her reasoning initially didn't make sense, because it was all just a lie to get me out of the way so that she could bring a man in here, but it still hurt my feelings.

oh well. disappointed but not surprised. this ain't nothing new.

i continued to pack my bags, all the while my mother continued to brag on the phone about the fact that she was sending me away.

-

a couple of days later, i was all packed and ready to go. my mom had told me that she was sending me to a camp called camp topanga, and i would be staying there for the rest of the summer.

i was kinda bummed, but it was already july, and school started mid august, so spending 4 weeks there really wouldn't be too bad.

she showed me a pamphlet that consisted of a bunch of white kids doing white kid shit like arts and crafts, and i really hoped that i wouldn't have to be surrounded by a bunch of white kids for the rest of the summer.

oh well, it was already final.

i was going to topanga.