Lost in the Past

What the %-$$@$&-&#$%-&##%&$$%&$#%&#&)($$5-(&47(&$%()55" @&;-85#*%-4#$-7$#*&+(99!!?(8+%*,#4894':!!!!!!! 

This will be the FORTH time rewriting this chapter because, APPARENTLY, publish means delete EVERYTHING you have!!!!

Anyways, forth try... Hope you like it!

-------

Peter looks up at the stars. Gazing at the star that led change to his home. The star that led them. The Destroyers. The Darlings.

They came and destroyed his world. Changed his life.

His life had no purpose.

     No villain to fight.

          No Lost Boys to have adventures with.

Nothing.

They didn't even give him a warning, just sudden, echoing good-byes. They left, and then, so did the Boys.

... Because of her.

The perfect, pure, Wendy Darling.

          Who felt that Neverland wasn't good enough. That he wasn't good enough.

Not good enough to lead the Lost Boys.

Not good enough to stay.

Not good enough to love.

Of course she didn't tell him this before he... Fell for her.

      He snarls just thinking about his folly.

Even Tink left, feeling jealous. Although in the end she did find a nice sparrow man - oh what's his name??? Tanner? Turner? Oh whatever, he makes her happy.

Peter clenches his fist and a twists his mouth into a warped version of a smile, half happy for her, half envious.

Peter shivers as a cool breeze blows of the ocean. He readjusts his position in the tall pine he's nested in for the moment.

There's a splash of a mermaid tale slapping the water. His eyes fog over, remembering taking her to the Marsh.

Shaking himself sightly, he returns, only to gaze at the second star to the left once more. Something he been doing a lot lately... Maybe it made him feel less alone, that someone, somewhere, had to be looking up and seeing the same star as he. That there was something out there that would never leave, never change.

But that was wishful thinking and you can't rely on wishful thinking. Thinking like that leads to heartbreak, like thinking the Darlings might stay, that Wendy would return this funny, peculiar feeling, that the Lost Boys would always be there, that he could avoid growing up.

... And he supposed, he did. He's still the same age he was. He looked the same. Sounded the same. He was the same...

But he wasn't.

The same things no longer interested him. It was harder to fly, harder to find happy moments when all he could think of was what he lost.

He gets up and abruptly jumps off the branch. It takes a few moments to fly and he spends them feeling the wind whipping his face, eyes closed.

Trying to forget about the star, about the memories.

That star. As much as it comforted him, it reminded him too much of her, too much like her eyes.

Hi, so this is my first story, yay! Please be patient.

Oh, and warning,

She kills him in the end.

Just kidding!!!!

Anyways, I'm probably going to have really long periods of inactivity and then a flurry of activity and then nothing, so, please, be patient.

Thank you, hope you enjoy!

*oh, and for some reason, I've been having issues with publishing (which keeps deleting everything I have, rather than publish!!! Grrr!!!)

*oh and sorry that the chapters are so short! I'm not use to writing so much! Sorry! I'll try to write more and more as I progress! (And I promise to control my use of exclamation marks after this)