Bucky's lips spread into a soft smile, a tear rolling down his stubbled cheek. She remembered. "Y-yeah, peanut. It's me." He said softly, gently taking hold of her hand. 

Tears fell down her face, a smile forming on her face. "You came back." She sniffled softly. "Y-You came back like you promised... It's been so long." She said, starting to sob. 

He reached up, sorrow deep in his eyes, and gently wiped her tears. "I know, peanut. But I made a promise, and does your big brother ever break his promises?" He asked, watching her. His shoulders shook with grief, but along with the pain he seemed overjoyed. 

"He always keeps his promises." She smiled, reaching out to touch his longer hair. "You've changed."

"So have you, peanut." He whispered, smiling a little. 

The two of them stayed like that, holding hands and talking, for hours. They laughed, and joked, and smiled at each other. If she could remember her past, besides Bucky, she would have told him about her children and her late husband. But she had to memory of such things. Bucky told her about Wakanda, though he knew she wouldn't remember it. He didn't tell her about the war, though, or his time as the Winter Soldier. But he spoke about Ava.

An angel that came to him, like a dream. A woman with a bright smile and kind eyes, a soft voice. She was gentle, and beautiful beyond words. How she took care of him, and was tough as nails. Ava listened as he spoke so highly of her, her heart thumping wildly in her chest as she watched him, tears forming in her eyes in surprise and adoration. She eventually introduced herself to Rebecca, kneeling beside Bucky.

Rebecca smiled at her warmly. "You are very beautiful." She said, patting Ava's cheek.  Ava blushed, glancing at Bucky as he tangled his fingers with hers. Rebecca saw how they looked at each other, smiling softly. "You two are in love." She said with a small chuckle. "Even if you don't realize it yet."

Bucky grinned, glancing between Ava and Rebecca. Just then, a nurse stepped into the room. "Sorry to interrupt, but visiting hours are over now."

His heart sank. Like he was drowning. He couldn't reach the surface because of the weight in his stomach. But he knew he could not stay. He had to say his last goodbye to her. He knew he wouldn't get to see her again, and he was okay with that. He kept his promise of returning, and he could finally say goodbye and let go of his guilt. She wouldn't remember their meeting after today, but he would. He always would. He nodded at the nurse in acknowledgment, looking back down at his sister.

"It is time for me to go, Rebecca." He whispered tearfully, standing up to hug her tightly. She rested her head against his chest, hugging him in return. "I love you so much, peanut." His voice shook again. 

"I love you too, Bucky." She smiled.

Holding the hug a little longer, he eventually pulled away and pressed a soft kiss to her forehead. "Goodbye, peanut." He said softly, hesitantly pulling away. Once he did, Ava took his hand in hers, her other hand gently touching his arm. 

Rebecca smiled at him. "Bye bye." She murmered. 

The nurse smiled at them as Bucky and Ava walked out of the room, tears slowly rolling down Bucky's face as he silently cried. Ava leaned into his side, her arm around his waist as they walked outside. The sun was starting to set by then. They would have to go back to the jet to sleep for the night and visit his sister's graves the next morning. 

They walked together in silence, his arm tight around her as he thought about something his sister had said. You two are in love, even if you don't realize it. That was on Ava's mind, too. But neither of them said anything about it, even as they got into the jet. 

Once on board, Ava started getting things ready for the evening. "There's two beds in the back, here. Shuri made sure we had them. Extra blankets are in bins underneath-" Her breath caught in her throat as she turned. Bucky was standing so close, his eyes gleaming. She looked up at him, trying to read his expression.

Her cheeks flushed as his fingers grazed her cheek, brushing a few strands on hair back behind her ear. Her heart thundered in her ears, her chest rising and falling with each excited breath. Her lips parted as she held his gaze. He moved his palm to caress her jaw, suddenly bringing his lips down to hers. Her eyes fluttered closed, her arms hooking over his shoulders as she stood on her toes so he wouldn't have to lean down quite so far.

His tongue brushed her lips, asking for entrance, and she parted her lips. Their kiss deepened, their tongues dancing, soft moans escaping the both of them. The two of them  made their way to one of the beds, their lips still moving together. Their kiss only parted when he laid Ava back on the bed, his kisses moving to her jawline. 

Her eyes closed, panting softly as she felt her body heat up with desire. She gripped the hem of his shirt with her fingers, tugging it upward. He pulled back just enough, helping her remove his shirt. Immediately, he moved his lips to her neck as she ran her hands over his arm and shoulders, tilting her head to give him more room. "Bucky..." His name slipped off of her lips in a breathless moan. 

Hearing his name on her lips excited him, and he started to tug off her own shirt. She arched her back, helping him remove it, and her bra, leaving her chest bare and exposed to him. Chills ran down her spine as he kissed along her collarbone, and her chest, his stubble gently rubbing against her skin. Soon, he kissed his way back up to her lips, and she pressed her bare chest against his, completely aroused by his actions. Her fingers quickly went to his belt, pulling it off of him before unbuttoning the jeans he wore. Trading kisses, the two undressed each other until both were completely exposed to each other. 

Ava ran her hands over shoulders, digging her fingers into his skin as she kissed his shoulder. "Bucky." She moaned softly again, to which he parted her knees with his own knee, lowering himself onto her as he kissed her cheek before looking down at her, his eyes gleaming with lust. She smiled up at his, connecting their lips once more. 

It was there in that bed on the jet that the two of them became one. They shared their bodies, ravishing, devouring, and savoring each other. Their shared lust and desire was satisfied by pure pleasure and emotion. Skin on skin, bodies moving with and against each other, moans escaping their mouths. This, they had done a few times through the night, until they felt sore and tired, and absolutely blissful.

Ava laid beside Bucky, her head on his bare chest and the blankets lazily spread over them. She traced the muscles of his chest with her fingers, and he drew small circles on her back with his own fingers. A small smile played on both of their lips. "Bucky?" Ava asked softly.

"Yeah, doll?"

She turned her head to look up at his face, her chin resting on his chest. "I am completely in love with you." She whispered, her heart beating like the wings of a caged bird.

Bucky's own smile widened, running his fingers into her hair softly. "I'm in love with you too, doll."