Chapter Twelve

Magsimula sa umpisa

I walked across the room and sat on the edge of the bed fixing her with what I hoped was a stern look. She cracked a smile. "Don't push yourself too much, you were stabbed remember."

Lily giggled at this, "It's not a real wedding unless there's at least one stabbing."

"Let's revisit your wedding standards another time." I chuckled as I checked her bandages to make sure she hadn't aggravated her healing wound with all the excitement. Her smile suddenly fell as a daze look crossed her face for a moment before a single tear slipped down her pale cheek. "Lily?" I caught the single tear that had fallen on my index finger. She disappeared in a vision. "What did you see?"

She blinked a few times as she came back and bit her lip, "Captain Roger...he gave himself up...so the marines wouldn't pursue us..."

"What?" I gaped, "Why would he do that?"

Lily struggled for composure, "He's sick...he's already dying so he thinks it doesn't mater..."

I gently wrapped her in my arms. "Do you want to save him?"

"He told me not to." She cried.

I frowned at this as I struggled to keep hold of her trembling form. Captain Roger knew about her ability, it wouldn't be completely out of the realm of possibility that he would talk to her when things he expected to make a big impact happened. I didn't have to ask her what would happen, I already knew the answer. He was the King of the Pirates, he'd been skipping dates with the executioner for years, they'd want to make a big public showing. They wanted to put an end to the age of pirates for so long. Their main goal was to take down the King and Queen of Pirates. That meant Lily was next.

My heart clenched at the thought. I'd come close to losing her too many times already. "Lily..."

She turned her tear filled summery green eyes to me and looked up at me curiously, "What?"

"I don't think you're going to like what I have to say." I grimaced. "I think I need to get you somewhere safe...make a safe place for you, somewhere nobody else can find you."

A look of panic crossed her face, "No..." more tears spilled down her cheeks. "I've seen it, it's lonely and awful and I don't want to be alone."

"Alright, I'm sorry. It'll be a last resort." I tried to reassure her, but it was hopeless. She'd already seen it, it was going to happen one day.

She reluctantly agreed, though it was probably just to appease me and make me feel less guilty about it. The desolate look in her usually bright summery green eyes was enough to wound me. I had to do something to bring back her radiant smile, to hear her heavenly laughter.

"What's our son's name?" I asked her curiously. Our son was the only topic that never failed to cheer her up.

Her eyes lit up. "What?"

"You know what it is, right?" I mused.

She smiled, "I do."

"So, what is it?" I smirked.

"Luffy."

I chuckled, "That sounds silly."

"It's perfect." Lily jabbed me in the ribs with her finger, "Monkey D Luffy...King of the Pirates." She smiled proudly.

"If he takes after his mother and gets her uncanny ability to befriend anyone or anything, then he won't have any problem getting that title." I chuckled.

Lily wiped away the tears in her eyes and grinned.

"So, what does he get from me?" I pondered.

"Your ability to eat three times your weight in food without keeling over." Lily shrugged.

"How on earth would you know about that?" I frowned, I'd never eaten like that in front of her.

She tapped her temple with a mischievous smile, "I know everything."

I rolled my eyes at this, "You're unbelievable, nutcase." Her smile started to fall again as her mind began to wander back to Captain Roger. "You know, maybe Monkey D. Luffy isn't such a bad name...it has a nice ring to it."

Lily giggled at this and wound her arms around my neck, "I knew you'd love it."

I kissed the top of her head, "I love you." Worry began to worm through me at the thought of her being captured again. "Get some rest."

Reluctantly she did as I bid, too tired to fight with me. I tucked her in and left the bedroom in search of Ivankov. He was in the strategy room pouring over some of the maps I'd marked. His painted lips pulled into a smile.

"Congratulations."

"Thank you." It was still hard to believe I'd married Lily. "Can I ask you a favor?"

"Of course, is it a wedding present for your cute little bride?" Ivankov winked.

"Not quite...its more like a back up plan...just in case...I'd like to find Lily a safe haven of some kind that I can take her to, if things get hectic. An island that cannot be found by a log pose would be ideal."

Ivankov frowned at this, "Does Lily know about this?"

"She's seen it in a vision, I'd really like it to be a last resort measure for her safety."

"If she's seen it, then that means it was utilized." Ivankov grimaced. "I'll see what I can find." He straightened himself up before fixing me with a stern look.

"What?" I looked around to see if he'd been meaning to glare at someone else. "What did I do?"

"You just got married, you should be with your wife." He jabbed at me.

"She's sleeping and I have work to do." I sighed.

His glare intensified. "Well, when your cute little bride is healed, you should take her on a romantic outing since you've cheated her out of a honeymoon."

I chuckled. "I might need help planning such a thing."

Ivankov's eyes lit up, "I'll take care of everything!"

"No, no, no, just help, don't take over." I corrected him with a laugh not sure I wanted to see the kind of romantic outing he'd plan. There would be lace everywhere.