Chapter 1

I let out a deep sigh as I sit in the Bay window of my room. A book rests in my lap, a book of fairy tales, one that features some of my favorite stories. My younger brother, Timothy, is playing a game on the floor with my sister Erica. I can her the shouts from my parents downstairs, useless and senseless arguments.   I turn my attention back to the window, looking out at the sunset over the tall buildings of the city. A certain restlessness forms in my stomach, a stirring to move, to be out there, to fly. I tuck it inside me, shaking my head slightly. "Bedtime" I call out to my siblings, earning some groans "Just a few minutes?" Erica pleads. I shake my head "I said that five minutes ago" I say with a small laugh. "But, I can tell you a bedtime story." Large grins spread across their faces as they nod, hopping into their baby blue bunk bed. I set my book down, standing up and walking over. I make sure to tuck them both in, then stand in front of the bunks. I tell them the story of the fairy boy in green, who takes children away to entertain him, then kills them if they grow up. I of course give them the excited and magical version, without the death.

By the time I finish, they're fast asleep, small snores coming from my brother. I turn of the lights, but return to the window seat. I pull a small flashlight out of the pocket from my pajamas and pull the large book to my lap once more. I open it to a story of fairies and dragons, the small helping the large. As I near the end of the story, I yawn. I close the book, then stand and reach to close the window. Before I do, I lean to the open window. I take a deep breath of the cool night air, the breeze calming my thoughts for a minute. I took a step back from the window and left it open, deciding the air flow would do no harm. I crawled into bed, pulling my covers up to my chin, and closed my eyes. For some reason though, my thoughts remained on Peter Pan. My mind flew with him, to the second star on the right, and to Neverland. I smiled at the idea, and how many possibilities for adventures there would be. These thoughts eased my troubled mind, and I found myself soon drifting off to sleep. It was short lived though, as I woke up to the sound of... Twinkling? Could that be? I open my eyes, looking around the room as I hear the small sound of bells. Something flies in front of my face out of nowhere. My eyes widen and I fling the covers off, hopping out of bed. My siblings, who are very deep sleepers, snore on, but I'm aware.

The thing that was making the noise lands on my desk. It was like a girl, with beautiful blonde hair and fierce blue eyes, wearing an outfit made of leafs, that just barely fit, and hugged her form tightly. But the most noticeable thing about her was her size, only about as large as a spool of thread, and her golden wings that sprouted from her back. A light golden glow came from her. She puts a hand on her hip, looking back up at me as I stare in awe. "Come on, is staring all you got?" She says, with a sassy tone to her voice. "I-uh" i stutter out nonsense, trying to understand what's going on. "Come on then, get on with it" she says, with an annoyed tone. "A-are you Tinkerbell?" I hesitate on the words, but recognize the girl from my words. She nods with a smile "That's me". From the window, I hear a deeper voice, but just as childlike "And do you know who I am?" It says. I whip around, and my jaw drops more. In front of my bay window, stands a boy with light red-brown hair and green eyes. He looks about 16, so only two years older than me. He was wearing a outfit similar to the fairy, with a green hat that has a red feather sticking out of it. He was wearing a boyish grin on his face. "You're Peter Pan!" I say, in an excited voice. I kept it low though, not wanting to wake my siblings. He chuckles, taking off his hat and gives a bow. "That's me!" He takes my hand and kisses my knuckles "And you're Y/n l/n" I grin and nod, blushing as I feel him kiss me. His smirk grows at seeing this, and he stands to his full height again. Tink rolls her eyes at this, groaning. "Come on Pete, don't wake up the other ones. Let's hurry up and get back." My eyes widen at hearing this. Though I love Neverland, I didn't want to go, especially not wanting to leave my family. Though things weren't great, I knew I would miss them immensely. Peter gently grabs my arm, leading me towards the window "Tink's right, let's get goin'" I pull away from him. "What? I can't leave here!" I say, taking a step back. His smirk leaves, and he frowns. "But I'm taking you to Neverland, you've always wanted to go." He grabs me once more. "Don't be stiff" he says. I try to get out of his grip, but as I struggle it tightens. "No, let me go!" I say, loudly. My brother stirs in his bed, sitting up. I gasp, and the boys frown deepens. Luckily my brother was just shifting, and he falls back asleep. "Now now, we wouldn't want to wake your siblings, right?" He says in a playful tone. Though it's covered by that way of speaking I can hear the threat under it, and I nod, not wanting harm to fall upon them. He smiles here, not a smirk but a genuine smile. He quickly scoops me up bridal style, and flies out the window. I gasp as the cold air hits my face, and instinctively grip Peter's neck tighter. He chuckles, still looking forward, and flies up. I stare at the ground below me for a second, then up at the man holding me and the beautiful fairy flying beside him. She glances at me with a pity in her eyes, then turns her attention back to keeping pace with Peter.

I shut my eyes as a blinding white light flashes over us, and then open them once more as it dulls. "Welcome to Neverland!" Peter says. And this is when I realize -I'm in Neverland with Peter Pan, and I'll probably never see my family again-