She blushes even more.

"Anything else you need me to take back?" I tease, even though it was practically driving me insane thinking of her with no pants on.

She smacks me across my arm.

"Don't worry I sleep a shirt on." She says pushing towards to the door.

I wanted to say 'much to my dismay' but I stop myself.

"Let me know if you need anything."

"I will."

-------

Rachel's POV

I shift and turn for hours on end, it isn't surprising. Ever since I met Nathan again, my insomnia phases have gotten the best of me. I stay up all night rethinking of things I should have said instead of what I've already said. Much like a psychopath plotting they're next homicide.

Yeah I'm clearly losing my mind.

I turn for the last time on the tiny bed till I finally give up, put my jeans back on so that I don't get caught walking around the house in just a shirt and underwear, like every horror movie.

I turn the knob slowly and make my way downstairs to the kitchen to grab a glass of water. I was starving but it would probably be rude to rummage through their fridge late at night so I settle for a banana instead. I hate bananas.

I suddenly begin to hear shuffling noises behind me, and I was full on ready to sprint back to my room, lock the door and pee myself instead of wandering about at midnight trying to find the origin of the sound. 

"Rachel?" His deep raspy voice asks, making the goosebumps rise on my skin involuntarily.

"Nathan?" I squeak, both surprised and relieved. "Thank god it's you." I chuckle trying to conceal my embarrassment.

"What are you doing up so late?" He moves closer finally coming into view.

He's shirtless, only in boxer briefs. I gulp and find my throat dry again.

"Done checking me out?" He smirks as he fills himself a glass of water too.

"You wish." I scoff. We both know who's lying.

"You never answered me." He pushes further.

"I couldn't sleep."

"Me neither." He brings the glass and chugs the water down, its like deja vu. He looks so sexy with his bed hair sticking up in all the wrong directions. Not to mention his lack of clothing that wasn't helping my uncontrollable raging hormones.

"Are you hungry?" He asks as he finally places the glass into the sink. I nod. And he gives me a toothy grin before disappearing to the other side of the kitchen. He comes back holding a pack of frosted cheerios. Our favorite.

I can't hold back my grin either.

He holds the pack of cheerios in one hand and grabs two cans of soda and starts to walk up the stairs.

"You coming?" I nod and follow him back to his room.

Its the first time I've been to his room. Its different, books lined on the shelves in alphabetic order, no posters of barely clothed girls anywhere, but then that's probably he just moved in.

He sits down on the edge of the bed and shoves a mouthful of cheerios into his mouth.

"You can sit too you know." He says inaudibly because of his mouth being full.

I chuckle and carefully sit down next to him on his bed. The lights are dim and the night is peaceful. If it wasn't for our lack of manners while chewing cheerios in the middle of the night one might actually mistake this for a romantic environment.

It seems like after hours of talking to Nathan, I find myself actually tired. We were currently laying on his bed on our sides so we could face each other.

"Are you sleepy?" I ask him failing at trying to cover up my yawn.

"Mhmm." He nods.

"I should get going then." I say trying to sit up.

"You can.. Uhm stay if you want." He says hesitantly. I actually find the idea appealing because I don't have it in me to get up and walk all the way back to the other room. But I knew I was lying to myself, the thought of spending the night with Nathan was the most appealing aspect of it all.

It seems as though my mind catches up late when I find myself pulling my pants off, but I was too sleepy to process what I was doing. I get back into bed and pull the covers over us. I was too far gone to realize Nathan draping an arm over my waist and pulling me closer to him.