I kind of wanted to fire a bit of criticism at him, like why he was talking about romance and crap or why he wasn’t with Vinny or why he cared enough to show up here at all, but he was just all smiles and laughs and bubbliness and I couldn’t bring myself to change that.

“You’re weird.” I said through velvet, and he remained unphased by the words.

“Yeah, but that’s okay. ‘Cause you’re weirder.” He replied, continuing to drag the stupid tree down the hallway.

“Can’t argue that.” I said, and it was silent for several moments before we reached my dorm. “You’re not serious about bringing that into my dorm, right? I don’t want pine needles and shit all over floor.”

He turned his head slightly and shot me this look that pretty much said ‘Are you mentally challenged?’

“Why the hell would I drag a tree up three flights of stairs and down almost an entire hallway if I wasn’t intending to do something with it?” He shot, but I knew he was just teasing me. Not that I didn’t mind him teasing me or anything, but like, well, okay, yeah, I kind of don’t mind it very much.

“Bitch.” I muttered, unlocking the door to my room.

“Jerk.” He replied, a smirk tugging at the corner of his lips as he dragged the enormous tree through the doorframe.

He ended up propping the tree up by Nate’s bed, and threw the bags from his arms onto the ground.

“What now?” I asked, my arms still folded over my chest.

“Now,” He said, picking up one of the bags and dumping out its contents. “We decorate it.”

He’d taken the liberty to wrap the lights and garland around the tree, seeing as he had a height advantage. (Though I didn’t like to admit it.)

“See? I got garland instead of tinsel so it wouldn’t make such a mess. Be grateful, you little shit.” He said, elbowing me in the side. “Now cup your hands.”

“Why do you--”

“Cup your damn hands, Ashton.”

“I get all tingly when you take control like that, Luke.” I smirked, but cupped my hands nonetheless.

He shook his head before popping open a decent sized box and tipping it upside down into my hands.

They were fucking ornaments. And now they were all over my floor.

“Did you actually see that working out or did you just want to piss me off?” I questioned blandly, though still holding several ornaments.

“A little of both, if I’m being honest.”

“You’re a moron.”

“This is true.” He shrugged. “Though I must say, Ashton, you handle my balls quite well.”

I chucked one at his head before turning back to the tree. “Shut up, ya tool.”

It’d taken a few tries, but eventually I’d gotten somewhat into the ‘spirit’ and once I made Luke pick up all the ornaments he spilled, I was actually enjoying this a little bit.

He’d been effortlessly hanging the ornaments around the top of the tree and left me to get the lower ones, despite my many efforts to stand on my toes and reach the top of the tree so I wouldn’t feel so small. But I ended up giving in and kneeled helplessly on the ground on my knees, decorating the bottom.

And yes, blowjob jokes were made.

And no, blowjobs did not happen.

“Come on, Ashton. You’re already on your knees. Blow me just this once. It’s Christmas.” He said, smirking down at me who was simply glaring back at him.